On her own

On her own

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

Another short excerpt of my 18th thriller, to be published soon.

"

On her own

The Puppet

An excerpt

Giora's secretary ushered him in, and he was surprised to see Bernard sitting beside Giora.

'Sit down please Rubi, you know Bernard our Western Europe resident agent; we've sat with him once already on the same case, well Bernard has some news for us.'

Rubi and Bernard shook hands, and Bernard started to relate his news right away.

'A new and discouraging development has occurred, the Saudi embassy in London is employing its press attaché' and a certain Brit freelancer to spy on our Avishag. We've a team of three that keeps an eye on her, and an agent that keeps her company. The day before yesterday the Saudi press attaché' made a tour of all Oxford hotels almost, and found out where our Avishag is staying. We've pulled her out without delay and she stays with my agent in his place in Oxford, she moved to a sublet yesterday; but if there's some plan to abduct her or bump her off in some way, my small team won't be able to protect her.'

'I see so what do you suggest to do?' Rubi asked him without much thinking, he was sure that Bernard has a ready solution to the problem.

'I'll tell you what we've to do Rubi!' Giora retorted raising his voice. 'We've to call off operation puppet, and order Avishag to return.'

'Why shouldn't we use her as bait and reinforce the team, which keeps an eye on her? She's a real daredevil Giora and she's able to take care of her own safety, even without our assistance.'

'What for? We've learned from one of our sources in Nazareth that Baraka is a free man, and he's really the crown prince's special aide and consultant on the Palestinian issue. They won't let him fly abroad to meet her, why should they? Their interest is just a wish to avenge themselves, she made a laughing stock of their intelligence organization, that's the whole thing Rubi. So why should we keep her on in Oxford, or in any other country when she's burned?'

'May I ask Giora if it's your decision, or is it what Bernard thinks…?'

'You'll be surprised Rubi, Bernard thinks that we should keep on that sacred baby of yours, operation puppet although our puppet tore his strings.'

'I owe an apology to Bernard, sorry Bernard I didn't mean to offend you.' Rubi admitted his mistake with an embarrassed laugh.

'But Baraka is still a problem that should be solved somehow Giora.'

'That source of ours in Baraka's party, told us that he communicates with his party's prominent members on a daily basis through emails and Skype video conversations, and he talks on organizing a visit in Abu Dhabi of his deputy with some two or three additional prominent party members. So I thought of dedicating a special meeting to find the right solution to this issue. But that's not our problem right now Rubi. I want you to send Avishag an order to return, and you may appoint her to some desk job. If she'll prefer to resign, well I'll regret the loss of a talented pro but as an agent she reached the end of her career.'

'And if she'll agree to resign and she'll prefer to stay in Oxford and study in its university?'

'I see, you believe that she can still achieve the impossible, and draw Baraka out from his safe hole. I can't claim that you're completely wrong, but she'll have to resign from the organization, and if it will end up in a fiasco it will be your direct responsibility Rubi. Think it over before making your decision, for in anything will happen to her you'll be the one that will have to inform it to her family.'

'I'll do the little I'll be able to do to help her indirectly of course Giora, you wouldn't mind would you?' It was Bernard that joined at last the discussion surprising both Rubi and their big boss.

'Okay, may God be with her.' Giora muttered deeply moved.

© Haim Kadman August 2015 �" all rights reserved.

Read 17 #thrillers & #novels with 1. Kindle Unlimited 2. Kindle Owners’ Lending Library KOLL

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

© 2015 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

347 Views
Added on August 19, 2015
Last Updated on August 19, 2015
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman