The insult

The insult

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of my 18th book, a thriller titled "The Puppet", which will be published very soon.

"

The Puppet

The insult

An excerpt

With nothing much left to do in his empty office except reading the morning paper, the bored general Hamza opened his desk's drawer and pulled out Baraka's old mobile. He switched it on and was very surprised to find a new email from Linah.

The moment he started to read it his face reddened and he got angrier with every additional word that he read in it. He was ten years older than Baraka, and the message's insinuations referring to Baraka's sexual potency enraged him with a maddening wave that swept his brain. He cursed her with loud shouts, which frightened his loyal secretary sitting in the adjoining ante room. But he did not to knock on his boss door, to ask him what the matter was. He knew out of experience, that when his boss was under such fearsome tantrums he had better wait till the end of the storm.

It took the general five long minutes to calm down, and regain his senses. He lighted up a cigar with the hope that it will help him think of some way to deal with this insulting message, which this cursed b***h dared to send them.

Our last decision in this case was to stop communicating with her. The general reminded himself while smoking his cigar, and calming down gradually thanks to the cigar's rich aroma.

It took them quite a while to form that message, to those sophisticated professionals, who're behind her message… But do they really believe that they'll persuade Dr. Baraka to turn into a double agent? He could be persuaded very easily in fact, but not when he's kept under our strict control, and his wife and two daughters are potential hostages. Would he forsake his wife and his daughters for the sexual favors of this alluring femme fatale? He might have if he could, but no way! He isn't allowed to leave Abu Dhabi. So what are they trying to achieve I wonder, could it be connected indirectly with Dr. Baraka's party members next week's visit…? Yes, this could be the riddle's unraveling. We'll have to treat every member of Dr. Baraka's party that will be chosen to visit him, as a suspected agent of the Zionists intelligence organizations, be it their Mossad or their Shabac. This issue should be our main discussion aim, in tomorrow's meeting, but I've to compose a reply to that impudent b***h… I'll compose it and send it at nightfall, just like all Dr. Baraka's previous messages were sent to her. But I'll better read again her last message, oh I'd rather not it will enrage me again. He reminded himself while putting down the burning cigar in the ashtray with exaggerated force.

"Dear Linah you're right I'm very busy but I've no reason to complain of course. I like your kind gesture it flatters me, bye till next time."

He read it again the message's text, which he has written on a sheet of paper; and then locked it with Baraka's old mobile in his desk's drawer.

He asked his secretary to report before him, and ordered him to inform the limo driver to be ready to drive him home. On his way home he told his driver that he wants to see Dr. Baraka this afternoon. 

The general had lunch at home with his wife, and a pleasant chat with her while eating, in which he listened mostly to his wife's tales on her budding friendship with Dr. Baraka's wife; what the latter told her on her husband's career back in the Zionists' state, details that interested the general in particular of courses. These somewhat details told from a different aspect broadened the general's knowledge on Dr. Baraka's character, and on Dr. Baraka's prominent party members just as well. At this early stage Dr. Baraka's background and previous career, were still quite important facts, particularly with Dr. Baraka's party members' visit next week. The general thought while listening attentively to his wife's anecdotes.

Thus this pleasant lunch break was longer than usual, and the general had to spend a shorter time than usual with his beloved young mistress.

When the general entered his office at five thirty pm, Dr. Baraka was already there waiting for him.

'Sit down please Dr. Baraka,' the general asked him politely as soon as he sat next to his broad desk.

'Another message arrived from your ex operator this very morning from somewhere in London, according to my experts' conclusions. She must be back in Oxford by now to our estimation, well Dr. Baraka you'd better read it first of all.' The general remarked with a slight cough, remembering the message insulting content. But he wished to know how it will influence Dr. Baraka, how the Dr. will react while reading the insinuations with reference to his manhood.

To his surprise Baraka just cleared his throat once and rather softly, but didn't react as the general was sure he would.

'Does Your Excellency expect me to reply to her?'

He's still under her spell and refers to her message as if he accepts her claim without a word or the slightest sign of outrage, like a beaten dog that squats down silently after being slapped by his master.

'Yes we'll reply to her,' the general said while pulling out the sheet of paper with the reply, which he scribbled on it his desk drawer and handed it to Baraka.

© Haim Kadman September 2015 �" all rights reserved

The 17 thrillers and novels that I've already published, are available to read with Kindle Unlimited program in the U.S, U.K., Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, Mexico and Canada; and with the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) in the U.S, U.K., Germany, France, and Japan; or may purchase my ebooks for a ridiculous price.

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

© 2015 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

412 Views
Added on September 15, 2015
Last Updated on September 15, 2015
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman