His cover story

His cover story

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

At his cabin door Jack told him to lock the pad in his safe, and have lunch with him at the special operations department dining hall.

"

His cover story

Identity conflict

An excerpt

At his cabin door Jack told him to lock the pad in his safe, and have lunch with him at the special operations department dining hall. On their way there and during lunch Jack kept encouraging him, and checking time and again Yuri's reactions. He realized how disappointed Yuri is, but they have four more days together; and after Yuri will learn what he is supposed to do and how, and with his help Yuri won't feel as if he is forsaken the experienced Jack concluded with much assurance. He escorted his trainee back to his cabin, and freed him to study his instructions that no one except him in "The Farm" had to know.

I'd better see what they've in store for me. Yuri thought as he shut his cabin's door and went over to his safe.

There's sense in putting in writing my instructions and all the details that I've to know in that pad, and thus I and those who wrote it in Langley will know what's my task and cover story are. Yuri kept thinking while unlocking his safe and pulling the pad out. What if someone in Langley would turn his hide and give me up, when I'll be there in Russia…? If that will happen I'll be arrested, interrogated, tortured and put to death, without knowing who the traitor is.

He kept turning the thoughts in his mind, while sitting down next to his desk and opening the pad in front of his eyes.

Well, well my name is Akim Tmirof I'm twenty five years old, and I was born in Ulaanbaatar Mongolia; and I lived among the small Russian community there till when? It looks as if I'll have to fix the date myself. I'll better have a look at my Mongolian passport… Oh yes there's a date of my border crossing from Mongolia into Russia at Kiakhta. But why, what's the reason that forced me to cross the border. Oh here's my answer: I'd a short love affair with a teenage Mongolian Sarnai her name, that's all I know about her and I refused to marry her; or rather I promised her parents and her big and threatening brothers to marry her, and I decided to flee without leaving any traces… Who's the romantic fool that thought of such kind of an amateurish motive? If I'll be interrogated it won't hold, it will fail me right away. I'll have to think of a substantial motive, well looking for a better job will be a much better motive; yes that's what I'll claim that I want to live in my own homeland,  and I wish to have a better standard of living. It's so simple and solid, and I can't understand how they over looked such a reasonable motive. I can't believe whoever wrote that plan is that dumb, it must be some plot… But it's none of my business I'll claim that I'm unemployed plus my wish to live in my homeland. Yeah that's the best element of my cover story, but I've had enough. He summed up his first day of self briefing, and decided to go out for a thirty minutes jogging. He locked his instructions' pad in his safe, changed and left his cabin.

© Haim Kadman Oct. 2015 " all rights reserved.

The 18 thrillers and novels that I've already published, are available to read with Kindle Unlimited program in the U.S, U.K., Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, Mexico and Canada; and with the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) in the U.S, U.K., Germany, France, and Japan; or may purchase my ebooks for a ridiculous price.

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

© 2015 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

588 Views
Added on October 14, 2015
Last Updated on October 14, 2015
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5