The verdict

The verdict

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

The 18 thrillers and novels that I've already published are available to read with Kindle Unlimited program in the U.S, U.K., Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, Mexico and Canada; and with the Kin

"

The verdict

Identity Conflict

An excerpt

They took one of the elevators and climbed with it to the top floor, it was not an easy ride neither downward nor upward for Alexei, to stand still and so close besides his pretty guide.

Their immediate destination was at the end of the northern wing's top floor corridor. They reached a small hall that looked like a court room, there were five rows of seats occupied with plain clothes agents no doubt; strangers that he has not seen before, which kept sitting looking straight ahead, without paying attention to them as they entered. At the hall's far end three judges sat on a small stage. Alina led him to the first row where they sat in its middle between a few strangers, and waited to the trial or rather to the show trial to begin. A door opened at their row's right wall side and a makeup expert appeared and prepared the supposedly accused for the show. He painted a blue scar of one inch long on Alexei brow's left side. All was almost ready, a TV channel camera crew appeared, and Alina retreated with makeup expert into the wall and the small wall's door was shut behind them. The three judges left the hall through the side entrance to their seats, and someone called out "the court will rise", as the judges returned. The camera crew was busy shooting the dramatic scene; and then Alexei heard the supposedly bailiff calls out: "The accused will rise".

As he stood up Alexei heard the judge that sat between his two colleagues announce his verdict.

'Yuri Reasonov alias Akim Tmirof, you've been found guilty in espionage and in betraying your father land; you'll be put to death by a firing squad tomorrow at dawn.'

The TV camera crew took some close up frames of his face, and that was it. The small door in the wall right side opened up, and Alina came smiling towards him.

'Let's go back Alex, Yuri is dead.' She added with a short laugh.

© Haim Kadman Oct. 2015 " all rights reserved.

The 18 thrillers and novels that I've already published are available to read with Kindle Unlimited program in the U.S, U.K., Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, Mexico and Canada; and with the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) in the U.S, U.K., Germany, France, and Japan; or may purchase my ebooks for a ridiculous price.

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

 

© 2015 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

570 Views
Added on October 24, 2015
Last Updated on October 30, 2015
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman