Compassion

Compassion

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

The thriller The Global Threat to download for $0.99 during 27-30 Oct. 2015 www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

"

Compassion

Identity Conflict

An excerpt

The news that an American spy was caught and sentenced to death reached Langley only a day later. It was not an important piece of intelligence that needed urgent treatment from Langley's point of view; as there were much more global problems and critical issues to discuss, and find out the right solutions for each of the service critical problems. But for the media it was the hottest item, and it appeared on the headlines of every federal and western newspapers.

On Wednesday morning at the weekly session in his office, the service director, his deputy, the associate director for military support plus the service four different directorate's heads were in mid discussion. While they were listening to the director's instructions concerning the training of the Syrian rebels, the service director secretary knocked on the office door and entered without waiting for being asked to. He went straight to the big boss, and handed him a note on a sheet of paper and retreated to his ante room.

Silence ensued when the big boss read the piece of intelligence written in the note. He coughed and raised his face and watched a few seconds his loyal senior staff members, before he disclosed the note's details.

'A certain agent of ours was sentenced to death in Moscow, according to the Russia 1 TV channel.

'Does anyone knows who that Yuri Reasonov is if he's still alive, and when, where and how was he sent to Russia?'

'He must have been sent by one of my divisions.' The NCS directorate head informed the boss, letting the boss and his colleagues understand that he has no idea who Yuri Reasonov is.

'I want a full detailed answer right after lunch.' The boss ordered the NCS directorate's head.

'Very well Mark,' the NCS directorate's head hastened to express his loyalty, and left the office.

When all the meeting participants sat down at the lunch room, the NCS directorate arrived and joined them taking nimbly his place.

'You've got what I want John?' The boss asked him.

'Sure Mark up to the last detail.'

The boss nodded his head in approval and turned his eyes to the menu.

 

'Well John what's the story?' The boss asked as soon as they all gathered back in his office.

'The agent Yuri Reasonov who's dead and buried by now no doubt, was twenty one years old when he was recruited by a talent scout of the Clandestine Humint Collection division.'

'Do you know who the guy is?'

'No Mark I don't even know if that talent scout is still with us, and it doesn't matter, for that certain agent is surely dead; I've seen the video of his trial, and it could be seen very clearly that he was tortured.'

'So the trial must have been based on his confession, I see. But who was he and what experience did he have?'

'Nothing at all, he was a camp Peary graduate.'

'Your men should have sent him to some easier missions, to gather some experience before sending him to Russia.'

'He did excellently well in the Farm, he was a smart guy and up to the age of nineteen he was living still in the town of Sverdlovsk in Russia Mark.'

'So what went wrong for God's sake?'

'Well up to his boarding the whale ship in Tokyo harbor everything went tip top, particularly the cooperation with the Japanese; the trouble was the disembarkment spot, where he left the ship and started to raw towards the Russian shore… it wasn't the right spot where he was supposed to leave the ship. He must have been caught very shortly after he landed maybe even at the same day…'

'From what you've told us up till now, it seems that we do know very little on what really happened to him; since he was lowered down from the ship, so what makes you reach that precise conclusion?' The service director's deputy hastened to intervene raising his voice angrily.

'He was sent to that mission twenty eight days ago, and during that short time he must been caught rather early; they've surely questioned him, and they'd to contact Moscow and send him there; it surely took some time to get there and to interrogate him… While the video of his trial could have been taken a couple of weeks earlier, and not the day before yesterday.'

'It means that we know very little on this case, and I don't think that we'll know more.' The boss remarked with disillusion. 'It isn't that bad after all, what did he know except a few things during the time he spent in camp Peary? Nothing much and we do have graver cases on our hands to deal with. I'll have a word with the President about it, and let's hope we won't be too bothered by the media's sharks.

'But we'll have to tell his parents Mark.' The NCS directorate head reminded his direct superior.

'Okay that's your responsibility John, see to send them one of his camp Peary instructors; they should be compensated, and see to organize a certificate of appreciation for their late son.'

© Haim Kadman Oct. 2015 �" all rights reserved.

The 18 thrillers and novels that I've already published are available to read with Kindle Unlimited program in the U.S, U.K., Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, Mexico and Canada; and with the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) in the U.S, U.K., Germany, France, and Japan; or may purchase my ebooks for a ridiculous price.

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

© 2015 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really liked the setting and the topic of your excerpt; that and the style reminded me of John LeCarre. I guess there were a few minor problems with the language, mostly with the sentence structure. A problem that I know too well, being a German...
But apart from that, I really liked it!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

629 Views
1 Review
Added on October 29, 2015
Last Updated on October 29, 2015
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman