The Christmas holiday

The Christmas holiday

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

this thriller THE GLOBAL THREAT is free to download 1.2-1.6.16. Iran emerges as the world's greatest threat. www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

"

The Christmas holiday

Identity Conflict

An excerpt

On the twenty sixth of December at about ten am, Boronsky called Alex or rather Don, to brief him in the next stage details. To his utter surprise there was no answer. His surprise turned to alarm, he tried again but he received a taped answer that his addressee is not connected. His alarm turned into a shock, he was paralyzed a few seconds, before he was able to recover and think with reason. He knew that Don stays with Jane at the hideout apartment, which she hired for the project's preparations; but he was not allowed to contact her by any means whatsoever, he knew that she is their important source in San Francisco FBI center, and he was not supposed to know how she is operated. He had to inform it to his boss, to Kilanyn in person as soon as he can. He knew he won't find Kilanyn at the consulate now on Christmas holiday second day, and he was not allowed to reach him at his home; or call him or call any other consulate member, in such circumstances, particularly these days with the FBI agents prowling after them.

He came back after he tried to call Don from a public phone booth. He put on his coat, told his wife that he must drive to the consulate, and went downstairs to his parked car.

The Russian consulate on holiday up to January the seventh, except a few functionaries on duty the consulate was empty; but Mironov the boss deputy was present at their office, and heard the news with a stern face.

'Except calling him several times, you haven't taken any other initiative I hope.' Boronsky was under Kilanyn's direct control, while Mironov had nothing to do with him, except in this unexpected event.

'Of course not I've come to report it right away.'

'Maybe he got drunk last night and he's still fast asleep, but whatever the case we have to wait to Kilanyn arrival; he's supposed to be here at noontime, and If the FBI has to do with it… Well we must wait and it's up to Kilanyn to solve that riddle.' With these words said Mironov pulled a vodka flask and two small glasses, from one of the desk's drawers.

Kilanyn arrived at eleven thirty, he looked at his trusted inferiors with a quizzical stare.

'What's wrong Boronsky, the bad news are written all over your face.'

'I've called Don several successive times, but there's no reply from Don Sir.'

'I see,' Kilanyn muttered after a short embarrassed pause. 'Alright I want you to call her through a public phone booth, but check carefully surveillance;  and do it only if you'll be sure that you're clean, here's her mobile number.'

But before Boronsky left the office someone was knocking on the office door, Boronsky opened up to face one of sentries.

This letter arrived a moment ago by a messenger.' He said and handed Boronsky the letter and left.

Boronsky turned back to his two superiors, and handed the letter to Kilanyn. The latter opened up the small envelope and took out a single sheet of paper. He read the few lines written on it, and ordered Boronsky to take his seat again.

'It's from Jane, that's her code name.' Kilanyn added looking at Boronsky. 'She says that Don vanished with all her money and her mobile, and he locked her in… But she has another set of keys, and thus she was able to open the hideout front door; she locked the place she's now in her apartment.'

'What took her so much time, why didn't she let us know much earlier?' Mironov exclaimed angrily.

'She says she woke up at ten thirty, and she thinks that he put something in her drink last night.' A sudden silence fell in the office; Kilanyn was buried in his thoughts while his two colleagues were dumbfounded.

'So our Alex Garin or Donald Patrick Kane might have defected, or he's on his way to the Mexican or Canadian border. We don't have the means to find out where he's, but if he's defected he'll burn Jane; and if Jane will be arrested that will be our proof that he did defect… He left all his things in the hideout, and if he did defect finding his things there will be the proof that he didn't lie to his new masters.'

'How are we going to complete the preparations sir?' Boronsky ventured to ask, while Mironov was still in a state of shock.

'We'll have to adhere to the plan as if nothing happened, which means that we'll have keep on; and keep our mouths shut, and you Boronsky will have to replace him.'

'You mean to stay with Jane in the hideout apartment sir?'

'No you'll be on leave at your home, and when the time will come I'll summon you, you may go now Boronsky.'

© Haim Kadman Jan. 2016 �" all rights reserved.

© 2016 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2298 Views
Added on January 2, 2016
Last Updated on January 2, 2016
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman