His new job

His new job

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

#mystery #suspense #thrillers #love #absorbing #

"

His new job

The Thrilling Adventure

An excerpt

On Saturday morning when Yaniv picked up his two team members he was very friendly and polite to them, he was sure that's it's his farewell and last moments of his being their team' head. He left them the team car and its keys, which he used as his own car; and was all smiles as he shook their hands cordially, before turning his to them and entering the air port terminal.

The flight passed rather slowly this time, as he was so eager and impatient, to land in Addis and reach Roghel's villa.

After landing he hailed a cab and reached Roghel's villa at about eleven thirty.

The zabania (a local guard and gardener) opened up the gate, the house maid opened the front door, and Roghel waited for him in the living room.

'Sit down Oren,' he said without bothering to stand up, or to shake his inferior's hand.

The house maid popped up from the kitchen with a platter loaded with a steaming coffee pot and two cups, and Yaniv concluded that his host must have left his bed room a few moments earlier.

'When Bilha will wake up we'll have something to eat, be it branch or lunch or whatever. How was the flight Oren?'

'It was fine as usual sir, the red beret and Tanami escorted me to the airport.'

'Do you think Oren that the red beret can handle the last course without your help?'

'We'd a meeting with our group  of local instructors at the camp, and the red beret made the opening speech after I've introduced him to them; it was okay though I'd to correct him, but the local instructors are very experienced sir…'

'I see,' Roghel cut off Yaniv's monologue with impatience. 'So if the red beret won't do any drastic mistakes, the third and last course in Jijiga will end up successfully. That's what you meant to say, isn't Oren?'

'Yes sir I'm sure that the third course will end up successfully.'

'That's what I wanted to be sure of Oren.' Roghel thanked his inferior indirectly, but had no intention to let him know his real conclusions; he thought of sending captain Oron back to Jijiga a second time to replace Daphnie, who would return to the Awash team under the command of major Yaniv. While Degani and Zivit his wife will be sent to Gondar.

But Yaniv could not refrain himself from his obsessive thoughts of his own promotion.

'Does it mean that I'll serve in Holeta, as an instructor's aide?'

'No Oren we thought me and Josh, of appointing you to head the Awash team, to replace Degani who's supposed to be our man in Gondar.'

'But what experience does Degani have sir? He wasn't a company commander and he's a lieutenant with a brevet rank of a captain, why shouldn't I a major five years already be sent to Gondar and not him?' Yaniv protested with vehemence and tears in his eyes. That bitter revelation shocked him, his dream of a promotion to which he was sure that he will get at last, turned out to be an illusion.

'Well the decision Oren to assign Degani despite the drawbacks that you mentioned, was taken by Josh and myself after a long discussion. You must understand Oren that the locals cooperate much more easily with young and inexperienced officers, while to you they refer as to a threat to their status; and I'm sure that you've noticed this fact yourself during your stay in this country.' The military attaché refrained from telling Yaniv the simple truth, which is the dislike of the Ethiopian officers be it junior and senior officers alike to major Yaniv.

'Well we should have a toast to celebrate your new assignment Oren, as the Awash team head and you'll be able to bring back your wife up to the end of your term here.'

'Thank very much sir,' the down crushed Yaniv muttered, while making an effort to overcome his deep disappointment.

© Haim Kadman 2016 �" all rights reserved.

#mystery #suspense #thrillers #love #absorbing #read #novels by author Haim #Kadman

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

© 2016 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

355 Views
Added on April 5, 2016
Last Updated on April 5, 2016
Tags: Literature, venture, action, fantasy romance, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman