Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
A cause for retaliation

A cause for retaliation

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of my 21st thriller A Two Edged Sword.

"

A cause for retaliation

A two edged sword

An excerpt

At the new presidential palace in Ankara an emergency meeting took place on Sunday morning of the month of May last week, the president's guests were his new prime minister, the defense minister and the head of the intelligence service.

The news about the landing  of the five hundred American instructors in Kurdish Peshmerga uniforms in the American air base of Inch lick, have reached the palace last Friday already; but the shock of what seemed as a betrayal of the American ally's side, caused the hesitation and inactivity up to Sunday morning.

'Is this the way to treat a loyal ally like ourselves, Afer we've cut completely our ties with the Islamic State? Didn't we join the coalition and don't we take part in the airstrikes? I can't understand that colored hypocrite, who keeps calling me and keeps promising me that he won't back up the Kurds; and hardly a week passed since his last phone call, and he sends five hundred army experts to assist the Kurds…?' He inhaled a breath of air, doing his best to get over his feelings of frustration and calm down as much as he can.

'What are we supposed to do then, what do you think?'He turned to his three most loyal inferiors.

"Your Excellency is right without the slightest doubt,' the Turkish new prime minister declared solemnly.'With Your Excellency permission I would like to suggest my view on that regretful problem.'

'Aright Binali let's hear what your opinion.

'I believe Your Excellency that we shouldn't take any action meanwhile…'

'Really and why, do we have to sit doing nothing, while our honor is being trampled with a rude boot on the ground?' The president asked raising his voice angrily.

The prime minister panicked for a friction of a second, it was his first to witness the president's wrath; he wondered whether he should not admit he was mistaken, and ask the president to forgive him. But in a second thought he decided that telling the president his true opinion, would be the right thing that he must do, in order to gain the president's trust.

'It's an infuriating insult Your Excellency is right, but we'd better curb our fury, and see how things will develop. The Kurds are supposed to attack Ar-Raqqa, they may fail…' Or the Islamic State might launch missiles on our territory, and thus we'll have the justified right to retaliate.'

'I see there's reason in your explanation, but that's not what we need.' The president summed his prime minister's opinion, and turned to his two other inferiors. 'Where're situated the closest Jihadists to our borders?'

Fidan the Turkish intelligence head was the one that answered the president's question.

'Near Azaz north of Aleppo Your Excellency.'

'Very well Hakan I want you to renew our friendly ties with the Islamic State, and to do all we can to fail the Kurdish offensive on Ar-Raqqa. This operation should be a top secret one of course, and I expect that you'll choose a handful of the most trusted men to accomplish this goal.'

© Haim Kadman 2016 �" all rights reserved.

© 2016 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
Added on May 31, 2016
Last Updated on May 31, 2016
Tags: Suspense, intelligence, action, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman