Too late

Too late

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

One more excerpt of my 21st book and thriller.

"

Too late

A two edged sword

An excerpt

Boran Atila the head of the Turkish intelligence service entered the president's office quite perturbed. He knew that if the president thought of ousting him from his elated post, the president would not have asked him to an audience with him in his palace; he would surely scold and humiliate him with angry shouts, but that would be all. He kept thinking encouraging himself, as he shut the door office and approached the president's desk.

I've passed many a storm in my life, and I'll pass this one too, even if it would be the worst one, which I've ever experienced.

'Sit down Boran and do explain to me how these suicide bombers have managed to walk freely into Istanbul air port?'

That must be the silence before the storm. Atila thought worried, without illusing himself even for a second.

'They were three Chechens that crossed our northern borded Your Excellency, either from Georgia or from Armenia; and they appeared as tourists…

'You mean they sneaked illegally to our country, can't we block efficiently our borders and prevent such illegal crossings?'

'We'll need a ten folds greater army Your Excellecy to block sufficiently all our borders, and even then a few trouble makers will be able to cross illegally our borders.'

'I'm very angry and disappointed Born, I thought of accusing you with negligence…'

'I'm disappointed myself Your excellency, it's my direct responsibility. I did alert the head department who's responsible for our air ports security, and I'd thoughts of ousting him your excellency. But the problem's key is elsewhere, we've to change our security methods Your Excellency. The check-in posts before the entrance to the air port terminal can't stop a terrorist that opens fire all of a sudden to pave his way in.'

'So how do you think you'll prevent such bloody attacks in the near future Boran?'

'There's just one possible solution to this problem Your Excellency, and it's exposing them their assisting associates while they're in mid planning and preparations.'

'And why it didn't work in this way up till now, and that's why I've nominated instead of Hakan Fidan; not just because of our appeasement agreement with the Israelis.'

'I know what Your Excellency expects of me, but I must note with regret that we lack experienced and skilled  manpower; with Your Excellency's permission I would suggest to ask the Isralis to send us a crew of internal security agents, to train our agents with their methods, and to help us in the long run to solve our acute problem.'

'Alright I'll talk with Mevlut to summon their ambassador as soon as he will arrive in Ankara, and to solve that issue with him.' The president agreed without any sneers or shouts of anger to Atila's surprise.

'What else Boran, have you acheieved what we've instructed you?'

'Yes Your Excellency and with successful results, despite the exposure of the supposedly Islamic State asherents represented by our own agents, which were lacated and wiped out. We've let several reporters of the printed and the electronic media to accompany the unit, which did the job and in tonight's newscast the entire world will know that Abu Ala al-Afari, the most prominent Islamic state Shura council member, who led this group of traitors was killed too.' Atila made a short and almost uttered a sigh of relief so suddenly relaxed he became. 'In any case Your Excellency the three missiles slavos brought positive results;  for instance at Manbij it caursed the enemy and the Kurds in particular many casualtied, including their highest ranked commander. While in east Your Excellency between Erbil and Mosul, the results were less significant.'

'I see Boran, is that all?'

'Oh there was a bizarre episode of a glider a motorized one with one person that was shot at while crossing the border and managed to fly on up to the town of Sanhurfa, where it landed with its dead pilot. It's a gliler that resmembles a bird's  flight Your Excellency, while pilot's exposed body is tied to a sling; so he was already dead, while the glider kept on flying until its fuel was used up… Well we found a letter on the young man's dead body from the Shura council members in Ar-Raqqa, espressing their wish to renew their good ties with us…' Atila added with a sarcastic smile.

'It's too late and it seems that they're on the brink of total defeat.

© Haim Kadman July 2016 �" all rights reserved

© 2016 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

263 Views
Added on July 3, 2016
Last Updated on July 3, 2016
Tags: Terror, suspense, atrocities, espionage, airstrikes

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman