Satellite charts

Satellite charts

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

You're invited to visit my page at Amazon.com, and "discover" my twenty published novels and thrillers. Amazon.com: Haim Kadman: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks ... www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B

"

Satellite charts

A Two Edged Sword

An excerpt

Brigadier General Louis Dale was furious, the three missiles that landed close to the main junction, which led to Manbij town center; stopped the free Syrian army successful offensive, and delayed the possibility to overtake Manbij and clear it from the Islamic State fanatic jihadists.

'We were on the brink of success and those three missiles have messed everything up. How many casualties do we have Bill?' He asked Colonel Garfield his deputy, who was in fact the one that headed the American experts that instructed the free Syrian army.

'It's pretty grim, thirty nine were killed and one hundred and sixteen are wounded and hospitalized sir.'

'Any officers among the dead and seriously wounded?'

'The Kurds regiment commander and about half a dozen of company and platoon commander of both parties, I mean the free Syrian army and the Kurds; most of them Kurds to our regret sir.'

'Do we've any idea who launched the missiles?'

'We're checking it out sir, we thought at the beginning that the Russian are behind it; be it from the fleet at the black sea or somewhere close to their base at Tartus. But a fourth missile hit a Syrian unit loyal to Assad north of Aleppo; it might be a stray missile from any direction… Well as I've already said sir we're checking it out.'

'I want you to prepare a detailed report about what happened and send to the Pentagon, and to appoint new commanders instead those that perished, and do fill up he ranks as fast as possible, as we must resume the offensive.'

'Very well sir,' Colonel Garfield answered him and retired to his office.

The General raised his phone receiver to his ears and dialed the number of the American embassy in Ankara.

'Hello Sam how are you doing?' He asked the ambassador, with whom he shared years ago a room in their college dormitory.

'Oh yes it's a terrible setback it stopped our successful offensive, but we'll get over it and crush the jihadists. Anyway we've cut off their free path to southern Turkey...'

'Is there anything I can do for you Lou?'

'I need the latest satellite charts over our region Sam, or your intelligence experts conclusions on last night and of this morning missile launching site.'

'It might take a day or two Lou, we just learned about it, and I'll call you when we'll have the results.' The ambassador said and hung off.

© Haim Kadman 2016 " all rights reserved.

You're invited to visit my page at Amazon.com, and "discover" my twenty published novels and thrillers.

Amazon.com: Haim Kadman: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks ...

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

1.        

 

© 2016 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

403 Views
Added on July 12, 2016
Last Updated on July 12, 2016
Tags: Suspense, intelligence, action, adventure

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman