Midday prayer

Midday prayer

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

You can read the first three chapters of each of my 20 published novels & thrillers, at my Amazon.com page. Amazon.com: Haim Kadman: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks ...

"

A Two Edged Sword

An excerpt

There were shouts of joy in the headquarters bunker of Ar-Raqqa, when the news of the Syrian cowardly and hasty retreat forty kilometers away from Tabqa's airfield, were announced by one of the UAE television channels.

'The blessed reinforcement that we sent to Haji did it, we taught them a lesson the cowards they'll never recover from it.' Al-Iraqi announced loudly, as soon as he and his comrades calmed a bit down.

'Well yes we managed to do it right in time.' Al-Naser remarked with a short laugh of satisfaction.

They were on their feet roaming about near the desk in circles close to each other out of excitement, thumping on each other's shoulders to express their good spirits.

'I wonder if any Iranians and Hezbollah were also included in that beaten force? And just to think of it they were supported by tanks and rode on armored cars the cowards.' He added with a scornful sneer.

It's midday, it's time to pray Dhuhr (midday prayer), and we'll be able to abide to the Ramadan holiday laws now that the Russian planes wouldn't bother us up to the end of the holiday; while the coalition planes are busy elsewhere, so do pass the order to all our brave men here in Ar-Raqqa.'

'We've got still to choose the one that would be sent to meet the Turks.' Al-Ameri reminded them last night's decision, which was almost forgotten thanks to the good news from Tabqa.

'I say there's no reason to celebrate as the victory in Tabqa is just one secluded episode in our fight against the infidels; the Syrian rebels with the Kurds are fighting our brave brethren within the streets of Manbij, and we don't have any idea when the Kurds opposite Mosul are about to attack; there's still much to do and plan how to help our brave brethren in each front, just like we did help Haji in Tabqa.'

'But how are we supposed to reach the other fronts, when Tabqa is rather close to us; but the road to Manbij is blocked, and the coalition planes are hovering all over the area?' Al-Ameri wondered aloud.

'We'll think it over again, when we'll meet tonight to end the day time fast, and celebrate Haji's and our brave brethren victory in Tabqa.' Al-Iraqi declared decisively, and gave the sign to the others to return to their posts.

© Haim Kadman 2016 �" all rights reserved.

You can read the first three chapters of each of my 20 published novels & thrillers, at my Amazon.com page.

Amazon.com: Haim Kadman: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks ...

https://www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

Or you can read each of my 20 novels and thrillers from beginning to end, with Amazon Kindle library.

www.amazon.com › Kindle Store › Kindle eBooks › Literature & Fiction

This link leads to one library book, but clicking the author's name or the book title, leads the reader to his chosen book.

© 2016 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

363 Views
Added on July 30, 2016
Last Updated on July 30, 2016
Tags: Suspense, intelligence, action, adventure

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman