The record

The record

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

You can read the first three chapters of each of my 20 published novels & thrillers, at my Amazon.com page. Amazon.com: Haim Kadman: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks ... https://www.amazon.com/Hai

"

The record

Summer Tempest

An excerpt

'Wow, that was the record of all records,' Ruvke remarked excitedly on coming back. 'How she jumped down his throat! "Hail a cab, crawl back home!" But I guess the climax is over, and he'll see to appease her.'

'Has he told you anything on your way?'

'He didn't tell me what exactly the matter was, but he says that she's behaving like a cuckoo for sometime already. That's how he described it, which means she lays an egg in some forlorn nest and flies away, the results are none of her business. But that was the first time that she's staged such a tricky scene on him. That was all he had to say.'

'That was all he told you? I can't believe it!'

'Well there were a few more unimportant things.' Ruvke admitted against his own will, he preferred to skip it. He feared it might serve as food for thought against him by his own wife.

'He said that Nehama stuck to him lately like a limpet to a rock, afraid he might get involved in some affair under her nose, like that nasty business with what's her name? Ohm, Smadar their new efficient stewardess.' Ruvke added and kept on talking right away laughing slightly. 'Thus this trick of hers surprised him and do listen how he described it: "Imagine her sitting in wait for me during any hour of broad daylight, like the parents of a teenage girl, waiting till the small hours of night to their only girl, to return from her first party". He burst out with a short embarrassed laugh and with a sense of remorse, thinking on their young daughter Riva.

'Well, I dare say Yoske had a dubious past in these matters, and his marriage with Nehama isn't the best thing since sliced bread. The truth is I was surprised myself, I was sure she has overcame that old affair of his.'

'She'll never forgive him for having loved Erella.' Talma replied with a sarcastic chuckle.

'Oh come on Talma, it was ages ago! Erella the whimsical, that almost everyone tried to court her in vain.'

'I too didn't like her, but you didn't know her like me, and like Yoske knew her. You don't know what influence she'd over him, and how he broke down when she left him.'

'She left him you say! She never dated him as far as I know. He was your group's instructor, and that was all there was to it.'

'There're many more things that you don't know, but Nehama in spite of the exceptional number she gave us tonight, will never give him up.'

© Haim Kadman 2007 �" all rights reserved.

© 2016 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

396 Views
Added on August 4, 2016
Last Updated on August 4, 2016
Tags: Suspense, intelligence, action, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman