The interrogation

The interrogation

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of my third book and second thriller.

"

The interrogation

The Death Sciences

An excerpt

‘Have you ever seen this man before?’ Abu-naeef turned to Samir with a brisk and business like note. He turned down the Libyans offer to let the third secretary, which was a pro and well experienced interrogator do the job for them. This is his exclusive show, and nobody would run it for him. He had an almost obsessive urge to exercise his power, and he had no intention to give up such a chance.                   

‘No, I've never seen him!’ Samir retorted angrily, in a shout almost.

‘He's lying,’ Haled said whose sinister smile turned into a hateful grimace.  

‘Meet Haled,’ Abu-naeef said raising his hand and touching Haled's arm lightly, to stress his faith in him.  ‘Haled has served me as early as any other veteran in my group, since my first days as a group leader. There's no need to question his integrity or loyalty, I know him too well just as every other member of our group does. Now Haled says he witnessed a meeting between you and an Israeli agent in broad daylight last Friday. What have you got to say on that piece of evidence?’

The odds are against me…! Samir realized it already, it wasn't just some kind of a test, they were passing him through; he could have believed in such a possibility, adapt such an illusion, only if that mocking hyena with his ugly face wasn't present there... He saw his face on the other side of the street, that mocking face. I’ve a crucial dilemma to solve! Samir thought desperately.

‘I haven't met with an Israeli agent.’  Samir said at last, with much effort, forcing the words out of his mouth.

Haled broke out in a loud contemptuous laugh, that pierced Samir’s brain with such pain, that no other physical torment could have caused him. He was terribly humiliated and felt helpless and weak. He was ready to do anything, they didn’t have to torture him; all they had to do, was to rid him of that ugly brute that was laughing in his face.        

‘I see.’ Abu-naeef said as soon as Haled's disgusting notes died out. ’You did meet someone on that day, besides Karim was it some friend of yours?’

Samir lifted his eyes to Abu-naeef's face. There’s still some hope… That rough peasant isn't a fool; he is a shrewd wild beast.  But if he isn't after my blood for some reasons I can't understand yet or know. There’s still some hope to persuade him that I’m innocent…

 ‘I was accosted by someone and got rid of him right away. He's a Jew I don't deny it, but he knew me and did identify me on that day…  It’s just a stroke of bad luck...’       

‘Bad luck indeed!’ Abu-naeef roared laughing before Samir could end up his the sentence, while every one of them except him joined their chief in a fit of nervous laughter; astounding Samir in their eagerness to fence him out, to betray him, to cast him out of their midst.                  

‘That's enough I say!' Abu-naeef shouted and rising up he circled the control desk, and sat on its edge between it and Samir rather close to Samir and said: ‘that's quite intriguing that fairy tale of yours.’ He remarked and turning to Haled he asked him. ‘How did that Israeli agent call him, Shaoul, didn't he?  We have some names of that origin, like Ibrahim or Mousa, but Shaoul must be an innovation.’  

They are laughing again, bending forward holding their hips, having the best time of their life...!  Samir thought embittered and despaired.

‘All right spit it out! Abu-naeef ordered with a raised voice, as soon as they all calmed down. ‘You're supposed to be bright so let's have it straight, and don't force us to mess up this nice place, with your blood and the rest of the liquids of your body!’

© Haim Kadman 1991 �" all rights reserved.

You can read the first three chapters of each of my 20 published novels & thrillers, at my Amazon.com page.

Amazon.com: Haim Kadman: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks ...

https://www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

Or you can read each of my 20 novels and thrillers from beginning to end, with Amazon Kindle library.

www.amazon.com › Kindle Store › Kindle eBooks › Literature & Fiction

This link leads to one library book, but clicking the author's name or the book title, leads the reader to his chosen book.

© 2016 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

420 Views
Added on August 10, 2016
Last Updated on August 10, 2016
Tags: Suspense, intelligence, action, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman