The exhibition curator

The exhibition curator

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

You can read the first three chapters of each of my 20 published novels & thrillers, at my Amazon.com page. Amazon.com: Haim Kadman: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks ... https://www.amazon.com/Hai

"

Author's remark:

Don, alias Alexei, alias Yuri, a CIA defector sent to the US, on a desperate mission, in which he could lose his life; when he realizes it he defects again, but he can't turn neither to the Russian embassy or consulates, nor to the FBI. He must hide under a completely different identity. The Russians send his operator with whom he is in love, as a disguised exhibition curator, to dig him out and bump him off.

 

The exhibition curator

New York's typical traffic jams caused them to lose time and Alina was already certain that they will be late to the exhibition opening ceremony. They arrived at the Metropolitan Museum at seven minutes to one pm. As soon as the limo was parked at the curb close to the museum, they got off and hastened to climb the stairs to the museum's broad entrance.

We made it we'll be there on time. She thought as they were crossing several galleries on their way.

While crossing the cafeteria she saw a familiar figure of a man standing in a queue beside the coffee counter. She sneaked a furtive look and saw a black bearded profile, but the stranger's upper face features caused a blood rush to her head. But she went on between her two body guards up to gallery nine six four, she could not stop and turn back to have another look at the stranger, as the exhibition's opening ceremony was about to take place.

But reaching the gallery she realized that there was still time, the mayor has not arrived yet, and the museum management was not present either.

'There's a short delay Ms. Semionova, of about fifteen minutes I believe.' The museum's spokesman told her, with an apologetic smile.

She did not need the help of her interpreter to grasp the meaning of the museum's spokesman message, but she listened patiently to her interpreter; and right afterwards she told him that she is going to the restroom for just a minute to comb her hair.

'Just stay put, I'll be back in a jiffy.' She ordered her two body guards, who were ready to escort her.

'She's going to pee,' the interpreter said to his comrade. 'She was terribly nervous during the ride.' He added watching her back a second before she left his field of vision.

When Alina entered again the cafeteria she saw Alex sitting at the hall's far end, she stopped and realized that he is watching her. She made a few steps towards the women restroom, stopped and turned around to exchange a long stair with him; and went round the corridor's corner and stopped there, and waited for him to come.

She did not have to wait long, hardly a few seconds passed and she heard his footsteps. He turned the corner and she saw him coming towards her with a pale and tensed face. She did not smile either but as soon as he was close enough she spread her arms to him, and hugged him, and buried her face in his chest; a few seconds passed and she looked up in his eyes, and hastened to kiss his lips with fervor.

'I missed you so much beloved Alex; I fought against all odds to get this job, with the foolish hope that I'll somehow meet you… And thank God my prayers are answered.'

He kissed her again without a word yet and pushed her towards the wall.

'No not here Alex, I've got to return… Where do you stay?'

'I've a studio apartment in Queens.' Despite the astounding moment of bliss, he knew too well that he must not trust her.

'Here take this mobile it's mine, and return to your apartment to pack up and wait for me; I'll be with you again at your place in a day or two.' She whispered excitedly to him. 'When the mobile will ring you'll know that I'm coming, don't answer the call just wait and be ready to leave; I'll prepare a safe route, means and a safe haven for the two of us, promise me you'll wait for me.' She whispered again and kissed him heatedly, with quite an effort she tore herself from his arms and retreated towards the cafeteria and to nine six four gallery.

I wish so much that what she told me is the truth, and when the mobile she gave will ring she'll come to flee with me… No she won't come; a hit man will come to finish me off, if I'll be fool enough to believe her.

© Haim Kadman 2016 �" all rights reserved.

 

Identity Conflict is my 20th book published digitally with Amazon.com and with Nook Press. It's an enthralling thriller, that if you'll dare to read it you won't stop reading it up to its last word.

© 2016 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1101 Views
Added on August 22, 2016
Last Updated on August 22, 2016
Tags: Suspense, espionage, defection, conspiracies, betrayal, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman