Her first task

Her first task

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of the thriller ON BOTH SIDES OF THE ABYSS.

"

Her first task

On Both Sides of the Abyss

An excerpt

 

At the first filling station at the outskirts of town, he ordered the driver to stop and get off to fetch them something to eat and drink; pitas filled with shawarma (sliced meat) and Cola or some fruit juice, he was hungry and he was sure that Amina was hungry too. He knew very well what kind of food she had for lunch in the prison before he freed her.

They drove on as soon as his driver retuned with the food and drinks, and they ate while driving, as Abdul Karim wished to get to Beirut before eight pm. He was sure that the American would look for her on this very night, and Amina told him that Ken the American used to visit her between nine pm to midnight.

While he was munching he wrecked his head to find a suitable cover name for Amina. Hani which is a male's name would be fine he thought at first, but no if the American will address her as 'honey', things can get risky. Well Hanan would fit her better, but I'll have to tell her that it's a code name and not a name for every day use; otherwise she might confuse it with the cover story the American would surely give her. 

'Listen Amina I'm going to stab your left shoulder with a syringe…'

'Why what for,' Amina whispered to him alarmed

'Oh just a superficial stab and I'll bandage it right away, so you'll able to show it to your American operator that by this way the kidnappers subdued your resistance.' He stabbed her shoulder slightly through her shirt sleeve before ending his explanation, and pulled up her sleeve and wiped and cleaned the stabbed area to disinfect it, and bandaged her upper left arm.

'Did it hurt you Amina?'

'No but it hurts a bit now.'

'You'll get over it before we'll reach Beirut and I treated it to look as if it was done two days ago.' He added while putting the syringe and the rest of the equipment back in his attaché case. 'Now then you'll have a visit tomorrow at eleven forty five, a short while before you'll go down to have lunch. A technician will visit you, he will knock on your door three times in a quick cadence and two more slow knocks. When you'll open the door he'll say softly 'Hanan'; and you'll let him in to do what he has to do. It's for your safety, he won't harass you or bother you by any way, and in about five minutes or less he'll leave.'

'I see sir, so five knocks all in all, three quick ones plus two slow ones, okay I'll remember it sir.'

'I'll get off near the Syrian embassy and my driver will take you up to your place, as if you reached it with a cab from the hospital; After you've been supposedly interrogated there by the police that rescued you, you were unconscious most of the time and you don't know of course a thing about it.'

© Haim Kadman 2016 �" all rights reserved.

You can read the first three chapters of each of my 20 published novels & thrillers, at my Amazon.com page.

Amazon.com: Haim Kadman: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks ...

https://www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

Or you can read each of my 20 novels and thrillers from beginning to end, with Amazon Kindle library.

www.amazon.com › Kindle Store › Kindle eBooks › Literature & Fiction

This link leads to one library book, but clicking the author's name or the book title, leads the reader to his chosen book.

 

 

© 2016 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

430 Views
Added on August 25, 2016
Last Updated on August 25, 2016
Tags: Suspense, espionage, defection, conspiracies, betrayal, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman