His fears

His fears

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of my 22nd book and thriller.

"

His fears

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

An excerpt

'There're a few things I wish to tell you Jeff, and there're things I'd like to consult you, as you are the one that knows the subject matter better than any of us.' Morgan opened up letting his loyal deputy understand that he intends to tell him a few things, which he kept away from him up to this very moment.

'Let's start with what bothers me mostly, and might be an imminent threat to both of us.' Morgan went on with obvious uneasiness, he does trust Swenson but what he is going to reveal to him might turn his loyal deputy to his enemy, if things will change unexpectedly. But he had to bring it up in a certain way, which would make his deputy conclude that he must stick with him.

'When I've attended Thurston's funeral with Abe, I mean our agency's head; at its end on our way to our cars, Thurston's widow approached Abe and told him that her late husband left taped records and a written report, which she wished to give it to the agency. Abe promised her to send someone to pick it up, but he did not send anyone to pick the data Thurston left up to this very day thank goodness. Abe disliked Thurston he treated him as if he was his potential rival, and when we provided our big boss with a suitable reason he fired Thurston without letting him utter a single word.' Morgan cleared his throat slightly with obvious embarrassment, it was his first ever time to expose his inner thoughts to anyone; be it his wife, a relative of his, or to his loyal deputy.

'Abe summoned me last Monday and wished to know what I think of the data that the late Thurston's left. I told him that it would be a waste of time to browse it, but to me it lighted up a red lamp concerning the two of us. Abe will reach the end of his term next month and maybe he wishes to recheck the Thurston case'

'Maybe it just a sort of verifying that he did the right thing by firing Thurston, but I believe that he must have tried to clear his conscious, and you helped him Bill.'

'I hope you're right Jeff for our sake, but I want to brief Galen, that's his name isn't it?'

'Yes Bill that's his name,

'He'll have to keep our subject matter busy during his first six week at Camp Peary till Abe will retire, and we may send Irene too to visit him and distract his attention.'

© Haim Kadman 2016 " all rights reserved. 

© 2016 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on September 13, 2016
Last Updated on September 13, 2016
Tags: Suspense, espionage, defection, conspiracies, betrayal, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman