An easy test?

An easy test?

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of my 22nd book and thriller.

"

An easy test?

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

An excerpt

As he came out he saw her sitting on a spread yellowish cot on the lawn, next to a small loaded basket and a bottle or red wine. Her skirt covered her thighs but exposed her lovely shaped calves and ankles. She looked up at him smiling with pursued lips, she seemed glad to be there with him, and relieved as it did not take him long to join her.

He crouched and sat down opposite her as close as he could, without touching her beautifully shaped legs.

She took the bottle of red wine and a cork opener, and handed it to him.

'That’s your job Scot,' she said with a tiny smile, and pulled out two small goblets from a plastic rectangular box.

'Pour me just a few drops, I've got to drive back home.' She added letting him understand very clearly that she does not intend to spend the night with him.

While he was busy with opening the wine bottle, she rummaged her basket and pulled out two paper plates and their improvised supper; which included two Texas Jo snacks, and she put their improvised supper on the plates.

He gave her the goblet with the few drops and they raised their goblets to their lips without a ward.

He knew that if he wishes to see her again, he had better not suggest to her to drink as much as she feels like, and stay the night with him; or ask her if she is free, and end up with some other foolish remarks, He had simply to be patient and let her ask him the questions she has to, simply because that's her job and that's why she came for.

'So how are you doing Scot, though it looks as if I shouldn't have asked you; you do seem to me quite pleased with your second stay in The Farm.' Irene remarked after their supper was over.

'I'm fine Irene and I enjoy my stay here.'

'I'm glad to hear it Scot, and well I've got to go, but I'll come to have lunch with you tomorrow.' She added and stood up, and all he could do was to accompany her to her car.

© Haim Kadman 2016 " all rights reserved.

© 2016 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

332 Views
Added on September 23, 2016
Last Updated on September 23, 2016
Tags: Suspense, espionage, defection, conspiracies, betrayal, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman