What a welcome

What a welcome

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

I can't add a representing picture to that excerpt to my regret, my hard disk is full despite its 298 GB capacity plus an external 1T hard disk. Whatever I do ends up with an error notification.

"

What a welcome

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

An excerpt

When Galen reached home at ten fifteen pm, he met an angry wife waiting for him in front of the lighted up TV in the living room.

'Yesterday night you came home at nine thirty almost, and now you appear at last at eleven twenty; what time will you come tomorrow night I wonder?'

'I'm so sorry honey it was our first serious day over there, and I'd to report its results' Galen hastened to excuse himself and explain his wife why he was so late. As he reached her seat he bent down to kiss her, but she pushed him rudely away.

'But from tomorrow on I'll come home right after lunch time, I won't eat there and I'll spend the entire afternoon with you my dear and with our kids.' He added extremely moved and tried to hug her again. This tme she did not push him, and she seemed a bit appeased. She stood up and he hugged her gently, and kissed her lips.

'It's late honey,' he muttered, and kissed her again.

She was too tired and they went to bed, with no other intentions than just sleep.

She fell asleep right after he answered her the few banale questions, which she asked him; while he was not able to fall asleep  yet, and kept thinking puzzled on Scot. He reminded himself the bad impression he had of Scot during the first meeting he had with him in New York, he took him for a conceited young man at first sight and during the short they had together in Times Square; but having spent the first few hours in the camp with him and with Fred and Al Scot's instructrors, he realized how wrong he was and how humble and friendly Scot is after all.

What's all the secrecy that surrounds this young man? Wasn't he fired not long ago? He's a young man after all

How long could he have served with us? If he has resigned out of some reason, he wouldn't have agreed to return; and if he was fired why was he called back, and he was persuaded so easily to return to serve the department?

It seems so unclear so troublesome the entire case, but time will tell and I've nothing to worry about, I'm just his operator. Galen kept encouraging himself drowsily beside his sleeping wife, in the bedroom's darkness.

© Haim Kadman 2016 �" all rights reserved.

© 2016 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on October 7, 2016
Last Updated on October 7, 2016
Tags: Suspense, espionage, defection, conspiracies, betrayal, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman