Epilogue

Epilogue

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

I've finished writing my 22nd book a novelette in fact, and this excerpt is almost the novelette's end

"

Epilogue

Sic Transite Gloria Mundi

An excerpt

At about five pm Galen was waiting for Scot's arrival, when Scot xalled Galen back and said the he is some five minutes away. When Scot arrived at last Galen saw the cab reaching the broad parking lot, and watched Scot as the latter got off, paid the cabbie and was walking towards the entrance.

As Scot did not have an agency identity card yet, Galen had to order the two sentries at the entrance to let Scot in.

'We're heading to the boss office.' Galen alerted him.

'What boss Jack?' Scot asked surprised, he hoped that he isn't going to meet Morgan.

'The big boss Scot, he wants to ask you a few questions I guess.'

The man is small fry, he's in the dark just like me. Scot concluded while he kept on going beside Galen to the elevators.

It's puzzling but it seems as a rather good sign as far as I'm concerned. Scot kept on thinking. Now then, according to their emergency plan whoever they're, and that's what it must have been… I was supposed to fly abroad and hell knows where on Thursday, and then my flight was delayed up to next Monday and here I'm on Thursday afternoon… Things're moving pretty fast… Scot went on thinking amazed.

They reached the big boss secretary's ante room, and waited a few seconds till their arrival was announced, and the big secretary ushered Scot in, Galen was asked to wait in the ante room.

He was faced with two grim faced men in their forties at least, the more impressive, tall, broad shouldered one with a shock of grey hair, sat behind the broad mahogany desk while the other one sat at the desk's left side.

So this's the big boss and the other one must be his deputy Scot concluded as he crossed the short distance to the big boss's desk.

'Sit down Scot,' Abe ordered him.

'We know all about your trials in Moscow some eight months ago, through the taped data by your late ex superior; you don’t know Galen and you didn't know him, when met him in New York for the first time, right?'

'No sir, he must have joined the agency after I resigned or served elsewhere.'

'Who else have you met during your stay at the farm?'

'My two instructors sir, the camp's commander while training in the camp's gym at my first Friday night over there, and a young female Irene her name…'

'You didn't think that Galen and Irene were part of your old department?'

'I knew that I was defined as unfit and that's why I was asked to resign, and when Irene arranged the meeting with Galen or Jack as he was introduced to me, I believed that they're manpower members; and that there's an urgent need for agents, and that's why I was accepted temporarily due to these unsual conditions.'

'Okay Scot we accepted your testimony, and you're on leave during the next couple of weeks, but pass through manpower on your way out to collect your agency identity card, Galen would lead you there; and when you'll return on Moday two weeks from now Jeremy my deputy will take care of you, and he'll find you meanwhile a suitable position.'

Deeply relieved and happy Scot thanked warmly the big boss and his deputy, and shook hands with them before he left.

'Well Jeremy get rid of Morgan and Swenson his deputy and you'll have to head the humint department until we'll nominate its new head. What do you think of that guy Jeremy?'

'I like him and he came back unscathed from that nightmarish mission in Moscow, he's got guts.'

© Haim Kadman Oct. 2016 " all rights reserved.

© 2016 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

345 Views
Added on October 13, 2016
Last Updated on October 13, 2016
Tags: Suspense, espionage, defection, conspiracies, betrayal, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman