Lost his secretary

Lost his secretary

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

This short excerpt represents my 22nd book and thriller titled: Sic Transit Gloria Mundi; it relates the trials of a CIA agent in Moscow, his forced resignation due to conspiracy at the agency's highe

"

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

An excerpt

There was a single knock on Morgan's office door.

'Come in Jeff,' Morgan called out nervously.

So she isn't behind her desk, she left right away the ungrateful b***h. He thought deeply frustrated.

'I've crossed Irene on my way here, what's the matter with her Bill?'

'Do sit down Jeff she decided to resign all of a sudden, and I guess she went over to manpower. What do we know about the four times she met with Finlay?'

'There were some clues of mutual understanding between the two of them Bill. Do you think that it has anything to do with her wish to resign?'

'I hope that sending him abroad would cut off what had developed between the two of them, if something did develop; but yes it could have happened she's twenty six years old, lives with her parents without a match despite her good looks; while he must be under pressure long before he agreed to return, so though it seems unthinkable it might have happened Jeff.'

'Shouldn't we stop her in some way, she must stay on as your secretary until you'll get someone to replace her?'

'I could hold her up to the end of the month, but we'd be better off even if she'll leave with him… She doesn't know a thing, she became my secretary a month after I replaced Thurston. While if she'll join him or even fly with him abroad, they wouldn't want anything to hamper their happiness. We can't but applaud the way they managed to hide it from us, and in such a short time Jeff; and by letting her go we won't attract our big boss attention, and that's the main thing.'

'And if he's already checking Thurston's documents, he might stop our operation and call Finlay back…'

'He's too busy Jeff and he's got a couple of weeks left before his retirement, and there're the farewell parties from all the agency's divisions.'

© Haim Kadman November 2016 " all rights reserved.

You may read the first 3 chapters of each of my 21 novels and thrillers published digitally with Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

© 2016 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

511 Views
Added on November 3, 2016
Last Updated on November 3, 2016
Tags: conspiracies, defection, espionage, Suspense, love, betrayal

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman