A double agent

A double agent

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

On Both Sides of the Abyss is my 12th book out of 22, and my fifth thriller, you’re invited to read its three first chapters at my Amazon.com page, or read the entire plot of each of novels and thri

"

A double agent

On Both Sides of the Abyss

An excerpt

He opened the drawer and pulled out a pad and a pen.

'Do you remember Murad's address in London?'

'Why, why is it needed at all?' She asked surprised.

'I'm asking the questions Amina and you must answer my questions, do you understand?'

'Yes I do understand sir.' She hastened to answer him alarmed. 'It's fourteen Kenton Road in the borough of Harrow, apartment seven on the third floor sir.'

'That's much better Amina, can you describe how he looks like? What's his stature, what's the color of his hair, eyes? Does he have scars or anything else that differentiates him from other people?'

'He's about five feet eight and the color of his hair is black and of his eyes is dark brown. He has a knife scare on his left upper cheek, a small one hardly visible. He's thin almost emaciated…'

'Fine that will do for Murad, now then what about your American operator, are you in love with him?'

Amina coughed loudly and cleared her throat several times; she was on the brink of losing her self control again.

'Do calm down Amina and please do remember that even if this man is charming and charismatic and even if he swears that he loves you, he's in fact your enemy and he exploits you and he expects you to betray your own country.' Abdul Karim made a short pause to check whether Amina realizes what he wants her to fathom. 'He won't do a thing if you'll be caught and tortured to death…' He added without pathos and rather calmly, but the mention of torture did it.

'I see,' she said after a few seconds of silence. 'I'll be loyal to my country I swear.' She added with tears in her eyes.

'I believe you and I do trust you dear Amina, and we'll take care of your safety.' He had to make a second short pause to ensure that she got over her emotional wave, which his last words must have caused her.

'We'll drive to Beirut in about half an hour from now, and you'll be with him during the next eighteen months, in which he plans to train you. It means that we'll meet again when he will send you to Damascus…'

'What shall I tell him where I've been for almost thirty six hours?'

'We've prepared a cover story for you Amina. You'll tell him that you were kidnapped by two men pretending that you fainted and they said that they're carrying you to the nearest hospital, they drugged you in their car with some liquid or a syringe stab and held you in some cellar; but there was a police raid and you were rescued. You'll tell him that you were unconscious most of the time, and the police told you that you were kidnapped for ransom.' As he saw the skeptic expression that her face radiated, he hastened to add. 'It's our responsibility to make him believe you; you don't have to worry at all.' He realized that she was not persuaded yet, nevertheless he was not perturbed; he knew he'll have all the time needed to persuade her on the way to Beirut.

'There's one more thing that we've to know and it's the place where you stayed in Beirut. He didn't stay twenty four hours with you; he came from time to time, right?'

'That's right sir, he said he'll visit me twice or three times a week up to the beginning of my training, which is next Monday.'

'That's what I thought, and where exactly is that place of yours in Beirut?'

'It's nine Bekfaya Road near the Gilgamesh restaurant.

'You went down to eat the night before yesterday just before you were kidnapped to Damascus, right?'

'Yes I was afraid to leave the apartment, but I was terribly hungry,' she answered him with a short laugh, which expressed her efforts to please him.

She's fine at last, he thought relieved. 'Okay Amina veil your face with the niquab and let's go.'

Copyright © Haim Kadman December 2016 - all rights reserved



© 2016 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

416 Views
Added on December 15, 2016
Last Updated on December 15, 2016
Tags: suspense, intelligence, CONSPIRACIES, TREASON, ACTION, LOVE

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman