Between despair and hope

Between despair and hope

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

You can download the thriller “Identity Conflict” > $2.99 from 3.10.17 up to 3.17.17. Do read the 1st 3chap of 22 books, or read the full text with KDP; or buy 6 novelettes and short story collection

"

Between despair and hope

Identity Conflict

An excerpt

From Wednesday morning on Yuri faced a group of Intelligence experts, SVR agents most of them; and had to answer their questions on his entire experience as a CIA agent. He had to tell them his life story since his migration to the United States, and up to his recruitment by the American notorious secret service. He had to repeat his testimony several times up to the last detail, how he was approached by the CIA talent scout; and what exams he had to pass, and all about his training period at camp Peary.

It took ten days that passed from Yuri's point of view in quite comfortable conditions, he felt that his interrogators have accepted his testimony, and he believed that he took the right decision. As a matter of fact by crossing the lines to the other side he ensured his survival, and has reunited with his natural environment, and on top of it he was accepted by his compatriots.

In these ten days he had to describe camp Peary's compound and facilities, the persons he was in touch with, and the exact process of his studying, training and tests. His cell served him like a hotel room to sleep in it, and from the tenth day of his stay at the FSB headquarters he was free to move inside the building; and had his meals at the FSB junior agents' dining hall.

At the very first days he was quite composed with his drastic initiative, which was in fact a defection or could even be defined as treason; he was too busy with thoughts of survival, and gaining his interrogators' trust, to be aware to the real meaning of his drastic deed. But from the third day on in the FSB headquarters huge building at nightfall, on his bed he was assaulted with guilt feelings and longing. He missed his parents and his young sister, which he loved dearly. But he got over it by convincing himself that he had just that one option with its miraculous realization, and it dawned on him very clearly after the interrogations that he had to pass.

I'd to do it, he kept convincing himself repeatedly, and I took the right decision.

On his eleventh day in Lubianka Square, he was taken to a sightseeing ride in Moscow's streets up to the Red Square, but he was allowed to leave the car only when they reached the square.

'You've never been in Moscow before, have you?' Oleg Rikov the interrogator that was nominated as Yuri's temporary operator asked him.

Yuri nodded his head in a mute positive response; he was excited up to the brink of total confusion. He watched the broad avenues of his homeland capital with mixed feelings, of pride and remorse at the same time. As the danger of accusation of treason and arrest and were behind him, He kept thinking on his parents and his young sister Natasha all along the ride; he missed his parents and he missed terribly his beloved young sister, and he had to exert to hard efforts to hide his feelings and appear relaxed and calm.

'How did you leave our homeland with your family when you left our country, and from where have you flown?'

'We traveled to Finland by car, and flew from Helsinki.'

Rikov coughed with embarrassment, regretting for having brought up Yuri's family migration to satisfy his curiosity; as he realized that it was a foolish mistake on his part.

'Well how do like your country's capital?' Rikov asked him after they stopped the car at the Red Square where Yuri was allowed at last to get off.

'Very much sir I'm so glad to be back where I belong.' He answered his temporary operator with a feigned enthusiasm, as he strolled a few yards beside his Rikov, in the immense and impressive square.

'I feel like I've realized a dream that I wasn't aware of, I'm very proud to be here and very moved…' Yuri added doing his best to persuade Rikov in his steadfast loyalty, although there was no need to, for Rikov knew very well how much Yuri is dependent on him.

'Well let's go back Yuri; a lot of work expects you after lunch.'

'What kind of work, what exactly does it mean Oleg?' He asked him surprised on their way back to the parked car.

'You'll have to prepare a draft based on all your answers during the last ten days to our experts, and this draft will serve as an outline to a series of lectures that you'll give from tomorrow on at our academic Institute, which is the SVR center of studies and training.'

Copyright © Haim Kadman 2016. All rights reserved.


You’re invited to read the 1st 3chap of my 22 books, or to download The novelettes The Red Square, It’s God’s wish, A fateful opportunity and A preemptive strike > $2.99 each; plus the short story collections: The unveiling > $1.99, The gambit, The dream and its outcome and Blended Lit. Flashes at > $0.99 each.

https://www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C ;

or read the full text with KDP library;

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId..

You’ll have to write my name at the left upper search line- haim kadman.

© 2017 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

very well written friend.
a distinct approach of writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

741 Views
1 Review
Added on March 10, 2017
Last Updated on April 1, 2017
Tags: suspense, intelligence, espionage, action, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman