An African Sunset -  synopsis

An African Sunset - synopsis

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

A synopsis plus an opening short excerpt of my first novel “An African Sunset”.

"

With his hand on the door's knob that separated the air-conditioned haven from the rest of the store, Everon turned to Shatz excitedly: 'The Astro's first class... Apres vous.' He added as he opened that door to let Shatz in. Having shut the door behind him, he overtook Shatz, and led him straight to the open office.

The Astro's manager, rose to his feet smiling and leaving his desk, went over to his open door to welcome his guests.

Monsieur Arnaut! Cher ami! We are right on time aren’t we?’ Everon exclaimed shaking his friend's hand warmly. 'Agronom Shatz,' he introduced Shatz to the Frenchman with much pride.

'He’s just arrived yesterday to join our delegation for the next two years.' Everon added adapting Shatz's title as his new visit card.

'Oh welcome, do come in and be seated please.' Arnaut added, as he led them to his desk. 'You must be well treated, and very lucky to be under the commandant's care.' He remarked but did not seem to expect Shatz's answer. 'He stays at the Etoile I understand?'

'That's right, but he suffers from the "adaptation syndrome", it’s not a serious case though...' Everon explained tactfully the issue to their host.

Shatz fidgeted on his seat restlessly, these two were discussing him as if he were Everon's next wristwatch.

'Scotch Perrier,' the manager summed the matter up thoughtfully, supporting his chin with his right hand's thumb.

'Scotch Perrier,' Everon agreed repeating him like an echo.

God almighty!!! Shatz groaned deeply within his tormented brain, his all being craved for a drop of water.

But when the drinks were served at last, and the greetings were exchanged he felt much better having poured that certain drink down his throat. With the second drink, which he himself asked for of his own accord, he was almost relieved.



An African Sunset

Synopsis

Reouven Shatz a young agronomist is sent to the Coast of Hope, a West African country; to replace an agricultural instructor, whose service term reached its end.

A small welcome party of three persons awaits him at the capital's airport, major Abraham Everon the small delegation’s head, Moshe Priel the instructor whom Shatz is supposed to replace, and Priel's good looking wife Hilla.

Shatz has just landed and he is already familiarized with the bad blood between the delegation's members and the embassy's staff.

Major Everon takes Shatz under his patronage, and serves as his guide in Shatz's new environment.

To step up the replacement procedure between the two agricultural experts, Shatz spends his first weekend with the Priels in the agricultural farm near the town of Dialo, and falls in love with Hilla Priel. He has a short love affair with her, under her husband's nose; who is being exploited by the local farm manager Da-Silva his name, who claims to have Portuguese blood in his veins, like some more locals of the same tribe that live along the coast line.

Shatz returns to the capital, and spends his evenings with Major Everon the delegation's head at the club near the capital Mouaka.

He meets Dario Everon's French close friend and partner of the club's bridge championship, and he meets Dario's young daughter Janine.

The Priels return home and Hilla leaves Shatz with a broken heart, and with no other choice left, but to court the young red head and pretty Janine.

He arouses Everon's jealousy and on their way back to Mouaka Everon orders Shatz to cut off his relations with Janine; Shatz refuses and Everon threatens to send him back home after just six weeks of service.



The novel "An African Sunset" is available to download as an ebook at Amazon.com.

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

And as a paperback with Create Space:

https://www.createspace.com/4336084

You’re invited to read the 1st 3chap of my 22 books, or to download The novelettes The Red Square, It’s God’s wish, A fateful opportunity and A preemptive strike > $2.99 each; plus the short story collections: The unveiling > $1.99, The gambit, The dream and its outcome and Blended Lit. Flashes at > $0.99 each.

https://www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C ;

or read the full text with KDP library;

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId..

You’ll have to write my name at the left upper search line- haim kadman.



The novel "An African Sunset" includes 171 pages, 101.491 words.





.








.

© 2017 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

876 Views
Added on March 25, 2017
Last Updated on April 1, 2017
Tags: l#Literature, #prose, #africa, #mission, #action, #adventure, #hkadman

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman