A nostalgic tale

A nostalgic tale

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An introductory blog to the novel Summer Tempest.

"

 

A nostalgic tale


The plot’s background of this novel is the era of the late 90s up to the beginning of the current century. It's the era of hope for peace following the peace agreement between the State of Israel and the P.L.O. organization that was signed in 93, and the disillusion and despair that followed from 95 on with the outburst of the disturbances and the terror attacks. 

The two protagonists of this novel are Yoske (Joseph) Solan and Erella Zingman Abrahams, both of them and their relatives and friends represent the generation that was born at about the time of the State of Israel war of Independence, during the late 40s and up to the beginning of the 50s of the previous century. 

Both the protagonists are married, they were in a romantic relationship during their youthful years; Erella is married to an American Jewish tycoon and lives in New York City, while Yoske is married to her best friend Nehama. 

Erella lands in Ben-Gurion airport near Tel Aviv, in the midst of this stormy era, to visit her relatives, and with the hope to renew her romantic relationship with Yoske her old flame. 


Below is a short excerpt introducing the male protagonist, his wife and their close friends:

After one more glass of bourbon Yoske heard himself telling them an episode of his own childhood, about another Yemenite young woman that made many men to lose their heads.

'I was about nine or ten years old then and I climbed to our house roof to look for my best friend. His mother was up there dealing with their laundry, and in those days if you remember every family had its day of laundry on top of the roof. There was an open room in one corner where the laundry was boiled in a huge boiler upon a fire. My friend was supposed to help his mother to keep the fire going, and some other small errands which he was able to fulfill. His mother was a Yemenite, a beautiful woman with black curly hair, black eyes. She was married a second time to my best friend's step father, and young men still courted her with much zeal. I reached the roof and saw her standing near the roof's parapet, and a young pale man stood next to her leaning on the parapet with his elbow while she was hanging her washed laundry.' Yoske made a short pause and emptied his glass, surprised how eager they all were to hear more, including his own wife that never heard that certain story ever before.

'Well that young man was talking to her ceaselessly, while she looked at him from time to time with a shade of a smile, a Mona Lisa mysterious smile. I was approaching them to ask her where my friend could be. My lips almost uttered my question: "Jacob's mother where's Jacob?" When I heard the young man say: “Just one word from you and I'll jump off the roof.” Yes that's what he said, and he was much younger than her, no more than twenty, twenty two years old. I was a yard away when she turned to me smiling and asked me “shall I tell him?” Shocked and frightened I raised both my hands as if to protect my face, and shouted “no, no” and ran back to the staircase and all the way down to the ground floor.

© Haim Kadman 2015 �" all rights reserved.

The 22 #thrillers and #novels by the #author Haim #Kadman, are available to read with Kindle Unlimited in the U.S, U.K., Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, Mexico and Canada and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) in the U.S, U.K., Germany, France, and Japan; or to download for a reasonable price.

https://www.createspace.com/5423059

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C



The novelettes The Red Square, It’s God’s wish, A fateful opportunity and A preemptive strike; plus the short storiy collections: The unveiling, The gambit, The dream and its outcome and Blended Lit. Flashes are available > $2.99 each.

https://www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

© 2017 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very engaging story telling. A place and time completely unknown to me.

I have a suggestion. Be cautious with the use of 'that':
Including his own wife who had never heard this certain story ever before.

I am not sure I understood the ending.

But enjoyed the slice of life.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very engaging story telling. A place and time completely unknown to me.

I have a suggestion. Be cautious with the use of 'that':
Including his own wife who had never heard this certain story ever before.

I am not sure I understood the ending.

But enjoyed the slice of life.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

577 Views
1 Review
Added on March 26, 2017
Last Updated on March 26, 2017
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, adventure, lov

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman