The boss

The boss

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt-- Isentity Conflcc, a thriller.

"

The boss

Identity Conflict

An excerpt

'The boss wants to see you.' The duty officer told him, and Alex went over to the elevators without thanking the latter, paying him back with the same coin.

I guess that this mobile and the one that I've returned are intended for my exclusive personal use, and that's one of the ways with which they'll have a strict control over me. He thought as he rode the elevator upstairs.

Vitaly Osipovich Abramov the SVR senior officer wore two hats, he headed the spy net of eastern Canada, which included Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, Quebec and Ontario; and on top of it, and the consulate security was under his direct control.

He welcomed Alex with a warm smile, which assured Alex that his conduct during his free week was satisfactory.

'So how was your first week in Toronto Alex, what are your impressions?'

'I didn't use the subway I toured the city on foot, to adapt myself to my new environment; and yes I like this modern city, and I've enjoyed its sightseeing sites like a common tourist.' He added with a broad smile, and was encouraged by his superior obvious show of trust in him.

'The first stage of your task Alex will be to get in touch with the Russian community in Toronto with the lot of them, whether they migrated during the previous century or much later; room twenty eight at the corridor's other end is your office Alex, its equipped with all the tools and all the materials that you need. But tell me are you still staying at the Knights Inn?'

'Yes sir, but I'd to know if I may rent a downtown apartment…'

He did not have to add that it's much more expensive than one in the suburbs, for Vitaly cut him short before he ended his question.

'By all means Alex, you should live close to the consulate, and in any case whatever will be the rent that you'll have to pay, it will be much more cheaper than the ninety dollars a night at the Knights Inn.'

He thanked Vitaly and when he was allowed to leave his boss's office, he went to his own office along the second floor corridor.

The door to his office was not locked; he opened it up, entered and left his office door open. He stood in the middle of an average size room, and looked his office all over with amazement and satisfaction.

I'm my own master up to a certain limit of course, he reminded himself in a second thought, aware to his dependence on Vitaly.

  1. © Haim Kadman 2015 �" all rights reserved.


© 2018 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

317 Views
Added on September 26, 2018
Last Updated on September 26, 2018
Tags: suspense, intelligence, espionage, action, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman