A heated up argument

A heated up argument

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of the thriller "The Bait" - a heated argument between a young married couple.

"

An A heated up argument

The Bait

An excerpt

Make him board a plane! Do you really believe that they’ll stop at that point, they’ll tell you okay you did your share…’ Dimitri exclaimed raising his voice angrily, when he just heard his wife’s first sentences.

Oh yes that’s what he said, they’ll detain him at the airport, right after landing; and I won’t have anything to do with him, I won’t even see him if that’s what troubles you my dear.’

I don’t believe them they’ll always come with some new excuses, like something went wrong, we didn’t know that he has a diplomatic passport… You must give us a hand, he knows you, show him around, and show him how well your bedroom is decorated… That’s what I’m afraid of dearest Sonichka,’

Don’t you think you’re exaggerating, expressing your primitive fears, don’t you trust me?’

No I’m not exaggerating! I’ll tell you what I’ll do, I’m going to bust up our computer.’ He declared vehemently. ‘We don’t have the means neither to buy a new one nor to repair it, and you can tell them that your drunken and jealous husband busted up the computer!’

Whatever you say darling, but do calm down.’ She said softly and rushed to his arms. ‘But what about the extra pay I was supposed to get?’

I’ll work overtime twice a week, okay? We don’t have to do their dirty work, let them use their pros.’ He added and clutched her hard to his heaving chest. ‘But they’ll supply us with a brand new computer, and they’ve a copy of all my conversations with my virtual friends… You know what my dear, I’ll tell them that our old computer stopped functioning; that would be a much better excuse to make them supply us with a new computer, which means that we’ll have to damage our old computer...’

It isn’t much different from what I’ve suggested,’ He remarked laughing. ‘But alright we’ll act according to your plan my darling; but if they won’t detain him, and you’ll be asked to carry whatever they have in store for you, you’ll declare that you’re sick and we’ll hospitalize you. That will be our last resort plan.’ Dimitri summed up what seemed to both of them, as their crucial problem.

Copyright © Haim Kadman 2017 - all rights reserved.


© 2019 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on May 29, 2019
Last Updated on May 29, 2019
Tags: suspense, thriller, espionage, task, argument

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman