The Corona gambit

The Corona gambit

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

A short story that deals with the corona pandemic in Israel.

"

The Corona gambit

Right after Moti Shoshani opened up his apartment’s front door, as he came back home from a business meeting with his partner; he met his young wife with a rather worried face, as she russhed straight to his arms; and hugged him with all the might of her delicate hands.

What’s the matter, what’s wrong Ronie darling?’ He asked her as he became alarmed himself by her unexpected welcome, which exposed her fright, and the state of fright to which she must have been exposed herself

Haven’t you heard my dearest one about the permission to avoid seclusion given to a certain tycoon?’

Don’t tell me my love that you didn’t know that there is a way to aviod seclusion my only love,’ He answered her surprised, while he turned this thought in his own mind.

But we expect from such a senior member at the health ministry to act according to the regulations, while he allowed that tycoon who returned from Europe to skip the must forthnight seclusion...’

Oh yes my dearest I’ve heared this certain story, and wha’s so special about it my dearest?’

The general manager ordered him to resign.’

I’ve heard about that political ploy too my dearest, it’s just like a gambit in a chess game; when one opponent sacrifices a pion, in order to breach his opponents’s defense and win the game...’

But it did happen Moti and it was announced that it wasn’t the first time that this senior member has done such an offense, he has allowed several more tycoons to return from abroad without entering a period of seclusion.’

I know all about it and its a bit complicated to understand, they’ve realized up there at the health ministry that they’ve lost their credibility; and in order to regain the public credibility they turn that funcionary into a scape goat, and thus they’ll able again to feed us with their lies.’

Are you serious Moti darling, I wouldn’t have believed it...’

I can’t believe myself my dearest whenever I realize that they treat us as if we’re a bunch of morons.’

@ Haim Kadman June 2020 �" all rights reserved.

© 2020 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on June 12, 2020
Last Updated on June 12, 2020
Tags: literary, prose, corona, pandemic, ilness, health

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman