The announcement

The announcement

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

A short love story.

"

After several attempts to attract the portals’ memberrs attention, by posting excerpts of chapers of his last novel, Harold Kane was surprised by a certain email sent to him by the portal’s literary manager. He was asked to post his book’s chapters, one after the other once a week.

Well it’s just like Charlse Dickens book “The old curiosity shop”, which was posted chapter after chapter, he mused with much satisfaction; and called his beloved mate, and told her the surprising news.

Oh dearest Harry I’m so happy for you, you’ll be very famous in a rather short time, won’t you my love?’

I don’t know I’d rather in my state of annonymity my only love.’

But if a certain publisher will turn to, and your book will bublished… Well that will be quite a change in your life, you’ll reach at last your quest of becoming a famous author.’

I see, you’re worried my only love, do you really believe that I’ll leave you behind me? Do you really think that I’ll start acting like a selfish peacoke, and start flirting with young admirers?’

Well it’s going to be a drastic change in your life...’

But I’ve no intentions to change my only one, and whatever will happen it won’t influence our relationship.’ He promised her with tears in his eyes.

You do understand dearest Harry that you may become a celebrity, in a rather short time.’

I’ve never thoutht of such a possibility, and I’ll do my best to avoid it. Our love is my only objective in life.’ He promised her vehemently.

It’s your next test and it’s on you doorstep. She kept thinking worried, and didn’t dare to express it verbally.

@ Haim Kadman 2020 �" all rights reserved.


© 2020 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on July 9, 2020
Last Updated on July 9, 2020
Tags: literrature, short, story, prose, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman