The headache

The headache

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

A very short story about a certain problem and its unexpeced solution.

"

On Monday morting Noel Zack woke up rather late, with a terrible headache.

He kept lying in his bed wide awake, and quite aware to the annoying fact that he suffers from a hangover. He moved his head from side to side slowly, and then moved his eyes upward and downward, and to both his sides, while lying on his back, but it didn’t help even a bit.

I must have had several additional shots, but I wans’t drunk; I tried to forget her, but it didn’t work I’m afraid. Well what am I supposed to do now for god’s sake? He kept wondering sprawled on his bed, while he kept trying to fall asleep again.

With quite an effort he raised his torso upwards, and sat in his bed pushing the blanket aside. He took a breath of air into his lungs; left his bed and went over to his studio, to check what’s new on his computer.

There were several messages, but not a sign from her. He did not even bothter to read the few other messages in his mailbox, but sat down wondering should he send her a message or call her? After a few seconds of hesitation, he decided to call her. But there was no answer, she must be busy, maybe she’s still at her working place, so I’ll better wait until she’ll answer. But would she answer me at all? He asked himself time and again during that same day; and as night fell and he went out and met hapazardly another good looking female, he did not suffer anymore from nither headaches nor heart aches.

© Haim Kadman 2019 - all rights .reserved.

© 2020 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think anyone who has dealt with a relationship ending has found themselves in this situation before. People tend to look for something to dull the hurt and end up paying for it the next day. I can remember times when I went to bed after losing someone and wondering if I will wake up the next day and wonder if it will all go away when morning comes. I've never been one to look for a bottle to make hurt or sadness go away but sometimes it can be your only friend in a time of need.
I've wondered about these people on the morning after. Does the hangover cover the pain of the heartbreak? Are you still heartbroken and you don't care about your hangover? Do the both of them compound everything? Why are you getting out of bed? Do you have things to do? Are you trying to help yourself out of your depression by getting out there and facing the world? I'm curious as to what else is going through your mind or are you totally preoccupied with losing her?
You go to your computer and "check your messages". This happens a lot. People have hope. They check their messages. They check their phone. They are looking for that message from him/her. They are hoping for that one message that says, "I was wrong. I want to try this again." It's the one thing they want more than anything in the world. They didn't get what they were looking for. There's no need to check the messages anymore. You'll check again, I'm sure. You'll check the trash, the spam folder.
Maybe you can appeal to something inside her. Maybe you'll remind her of something the two of you had that she forgot. If only you can get through to her but you can't. You're covering everything in this story. You're talking about everything people go through and what they can do to try to make a last-ditch save and reclaim the person you love. You still love her.
Interesting part at the end. You were hungover but you decide to go out the next night. Some people would be content to just stay home and lay low. What brings you out on that night? Are you hoping to see her again? Are you hoping to run into one of her friends and ask how she is doing? Are you looking for a friend of yours? Are you looking for just anyone to talk to at this point. It looks like you found someone. What happens here? Will you tell her what it was that brought you out that night? Will you mention anything about the past 24 hours at all? Are you planning to add something more to this story? I'm curious. You tell a good story. It's something almost everyone has experienced in their lives. You describe the pain well.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Haim Kadman

3 Years Ago

Thanks so much Greg for your long and kind comment.
Haim Kadman

3 Years Ago

Thanks so much Greg for you detailed comment. I guess anyone might have experienced a heartbreak dur.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
1 Review
Added on August 12, 2020
Last Updated on August 12, 2020
Tags: literature, prose, short, story, heartaches, life

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman