The deal

The deal

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

Chapter 18 of the hriller "The Imperative U-turn".

"

The Imperative U-turn

Chapter 18

After a very satifying lunch with two fingers of burbon before, and a botlle of Califorian wine along the meal, Ilayev could perceive that the main “dish” awaits him; and its his “payment”, which means what they expect him to do for them.

While he was still holding the goblet with the Califorian wine in his hand, and was sipping a few drops now and then someone knocked on his door rather gently.

Come in,’ Ilayev called with a raised voice smiling. It seemed so strange instead of interrogation coupled with shouts, threats and torture he was treated as a most important person.

The door opened up and that same stranger that seemed to him as a CIA or a FBI senior member entered. He crossed the short space between the two of them, and settled down on the chair opposite Ilayev.

My name is Dave Fiodor and I’m here to help you to decide what are your next steps. You’ve two options the first one is to reject my proposition and end up in jail for some ten years at least, or to accept our offer and return home tomorrow as if you did successfully your job; so it’s up to you, you’ve to decide what will be your fate not us.’

Ilayev did not answer him but kept thinking for a few moments, and kept watching Dave’s eyes, while turning his thoughts in his mind. They expect me to cross the lines and become their informer, their man in Moscow… What am I supposed to do good God? I crave to return to my Lusya and leave this cursed country… I’ll have to except their terms and explain my motives when I’ll return home…

What do you want me to do Dave? I’m not a senior member of the organization that sent me, I’m small fry… I’m a blind tool, and this mission would have been my last one before my retirement. So how do you expect me to be useful to you?’

If you’ll accept our deal you’ll fly tomorrow to your family and friends as I’ve already mentioned, you’ll tell those who sent you and we’ll supply you with the right pretext; you won’t have any problems with your organization’s seniors, and you’ll be on leave a few weeks we believe...’

And if it won’t work out?’

It must work out Fiodor, if you’re beguiling yourself that you’ll tell your compatriots what really happened, it will be a foolish mistake Fiodor; If we won’t hear from you during a week since we sent you back home, we’ll supply your compatriots with our conversations and who really did your mission; so take it into account and make your choice, or you’ll serve us or you’ll stay behind bars in our country.’

Ohm, I’ve no other choice then but to accept your terms.’ Ilayev admited whispering with a lowered head. All he wished was to teturn to his Lushya, and if that’s the price that he has to pay he had no other choice but pay it.

@ Haim Kadman 2020 �" all rights reserved.


© 2021 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on January 23, 2021
Last Updated on January 23, 2021
Tags: Suspense, intelligence, mission, description, agent, deal, report

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman