Retribution's Rhythm

Retribution's Rhythm

A Poem by kollaboratyve
"

This is a religious/social ditty I did,enjoy

"

So you think you're somebody's god, but you're a dumb lamb!

You don't love the sheep and you don't give a dam!

You've done this much too long, the presence of evil alive, but

you don't know the scoop. You’ll soon to take a dive.

You use, abuse, misuse, and confuse, think you got it made.

You rob the people and you still get paid!

You make your decision to rob the blind, soothing their spirits imparting vain visions 

The fountain of sin vomits from your core!

What you gonna do when judgment

Comes at the door of your life

What is the price?

You don't save their souls, you give them your rash,

Impurity of vileness this is your mask!

Deep in the night, your sins take flight to virgins wombs seduced by your deceit with greedy delight.

 You fix what's not broke and brake the fixed!

 You decry God's righteous, and call them rebels, and you choose your servants.

Some call them saints, unexecuted devils!

 

© 2008 kollaboratyve


Author's Note

kollaboratyve
This is not a anti-religious piece,but a anti-corruption piece aganist the behavior of some church leaders I've experienced.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very well written, I do understand this being a piece about anti-corruption. In my past experiences I have come to find that church leaders in a position of power do tend to become corrupt...I'm not stating that all do, don't get me wrong, but religion, sadly to say, is a means of power in the world today. You have hit right on target what I believe some of these church leaders should hear. It saddens me to think there are people who come to be in these positions, where others look up to them, respect them and expect guidance from them, only to be decieved by them because they are less than worthy of the facade they put on. The devil takes many forms, and sometimes that form is a leader in a church, leading the lambs of God astray. Again, well written.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

this is so good ,really good,some of the best i read,i know without you saying ,i knew what you meant ,i have heard lots of stories about corruption in these places,and you are right,this is a very nice writing ,i really enjoyed the style the emotions and the great way it was written

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very thought provoking!
I like your choice of words and how you just wrote your thoughts without placating or hesitation.


I enjoyed it!




Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I normally stay away from piecees with this subject matter.
But i respect your opinion and think it was a very powerful piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Simply put, I take it you have seen through the facade known as religion. Your words are powerful and strike right at the heart leaving no room for error as to the message here. Religion is a disease plaguing a country dependent on others to tell them what to do. These false idols use this dependence to falsely give them a God's love they can never will never have the ability to give, using God a like a bad advertising slogan to meet their own needs which is to put it simply, greed. Thank you for the breath taking and eye opening choice of words that should be read by all who have are under the influence of religion.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

574 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 25, 2008
Last Updated on October 11, 2008

Author

kollaboratyve
kollaboratyve

SC



About
It's not about me, click on link below http://www.shortpoems.org/poems/what_makes_good_poem.html more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..