CHAPTER 2:  (Edited)

CHAPTER 2: (Edited)

A Chapter by iamcarolfierce

 “Thanks Mike. That was really fast.”, said Justin as he wiped his sweat all over his face and body.

 

 “You’re welcome, Justin. Are you okay?”, asked Mike as he search for a safe spot where the paparazzi and fans are out of sight.

 

 I wiped my face too. I was still under shocked with what had happened until I remember that I was still inside the car.   

 

“Ow, excuse me, I’m still here. Can I go out now?”

 

“Oh hey Miss? Thank you, thank you so much. I would have been in trouble if not because of you. By the way, I’m Justin and this is Mike, my driver.” Justin offered his hand to shake but refused it. I was a bit mad at him because of what had happened earlier. I nearly got into trouble. If Mike wasn’t there, I would have been hit by the crowd. Stampede was never impossible to take its chance.

 

 “Okay, I’m Sophia”, I answered while raising one of my eyebrow as I faced the two of them. “Can I leave now?”

 

“Uhm, yes. But only after Mike drop me at my crib.”

 

“What? Why? You can leave me now here.”

 “Yes, I could but, you did something for me. You helped me, remember. Now, I must do something for you. ”, he replied while looking at me deeply.

 “You know what’s the best thing that you’ll do for me? Let me go out of this car. I really have to go now. It’s getting late and dark and I’m not really familiar with this place. Okay?”

“Hey Sophia, you’re a Filipina, right?”, Mike said as he turned to look at me.

“Ah, y-yes. Why?”, I replied confusedly to Mike but somehow, feeling a familiar sound with this accent.

“Kababayan (country men)!”, Mike said loudly while looking really really happy.

“Oh, you’re a Filipino too? Finally, nakakita na din ako ng Pilipinong katulad ko (I found a Filipino like me).”, said I who was really happy upon knowing that Mike was a Filipino too.

“Hey, sorry to bother you. But, I can’t understand what you guys are saying”, said Justin while looking really puzzled.

“Justin, Sophia’s a Filipino too. She came from the country where I grew up, Philippines.”.

“Oh, that’s cool. So, does that mean that you can go home with me? I mean, let’s have dinner together, please. Just take it as a payoff for what you did.”, Justin said while smiling.

“Please do allow him Sophia, Justin’s a good man so there’s nothing to worry about. I’ll drop you in front of your place after dinner, pangako (promise)”.

I gave out a deep breath before making out my decision. “Oh, okay. But, after dinner, I’ll go straight at my place, alright?”

“Yeah! Promise”, Justin said as he gave out a very wide smile.

 It only took more or less, 30 minutes until we reached his’ place. The gate was opened automatically via voice recognition. The place was really huge. My jaw nearly dropped to the floor upon seeing it. Very stupendous, indeed. I’ve never expected that I could walk in inside a house like this. It’s a white mansion with lots of sliding doors, huge crystal windows, and a wide pool that could accompany 20 or more people.

 Three housekeepers went out of the door and carried Justin’s’ stuffs. “Good evening, Mr. Bouvier. Have you had your dinner”, asked one of Justin’s housekeepers.

“Oh, I wish I had. I’m really starving. Can you prepare a dinner for two. I want it special”, said Justin as he took of my shoes.

 “Jeez! These shoes are killing me. “said Justin as I was trying hard to control myself from laughing. “Is there anything funny, Sophia?” Asked Justin while looking really annoyed.

“Yes. You.”, I replied while grin. I can’t barely control myself from laughing. “It was your idea anyway to exchange clothes with me, right stupid?”

“You looked way more beautiful when you’re smiling, but please, you have to stop calling me stupid.”

“Okay, stupid”, said I while taking his shoes and jacket off.

“Okay, whatever. Hey, I have to change clothes first, alright. Go with me.” Justin really looked annoyed than before. However, he dragged me with him gently.

“Where are we going?”

“Just follow me, Sophia. Okay?

 I couldn’t do anything else, but follow him. I trust him anyway. Make a wrong move or else, he’ll be a dead meat. “You stay here, okay. I’ll bring your clothes after I change mine.”.

 Justin left to change his clothes while I, sitting in this well-designed bed with canopy. This room is huge. “Oh, my gosh!” The place seems like an executive hotel room. “I think all of the stuffs here are expensive. Oh my!” I gaze around and let my eyes explore the whole room. I was about to get my camera phone when,

“Hey, here's your clothes. Do you want to wear it or I’ll give you a new one?”

“I’ll wear it again. You’ve got no skin disease anyway, right?” I stood up, get my clothes from him and took of the cap that I’m wearing. My long, wavy hair was exposed and he stared at me for a long time.

 “O-oh, yeah. I-I got none. Do-do-don’t worry.”. he said as if he was mesmerized by my look.

“So, where’s the bathroom here.?”

“Oh, I’ll lead you there.”, Justin said as he smiled at me. I smiled at him in return.

“Sir Bouvier, dinner is served.“ told the man who was wearing a chef’s uniform.

“Okay, we’ll be there.”, replied Justin.

 I got inside the bathroom and was again, astonished with the place. Took a few pictures from it and changed my clothes as fast as I could. I fixed myself in front of the mirror. “This day is really unbelievable.” I went out and Justin guided me to their dining room.

 The dining room was a huge place as well. There was a mini bar at the side. The table was rectangular and could sit up to 10 people.

“Today’s main dishes are the Lobster MS Europa and Veal Delights with Madeira Jus, Creamy Polenta and Vegetable twigs. Enjoy your dinner Sir Bouvier and Miss ..”

“Sophia”, said Justin as I gave the Chef a nod and smile.

“Miss Sophia. Now, will you excuse for I will prepare your dessert.”

 The Chef made his exit and Justin started a conversation.

“So, you’re new to this place, Canada?”

“Oh, yes.”

“How long have you been here?”

“I’ve been here for only three days”

“Oh, okay. Who’s with you?”

“I’m with no one. My parents are still in the Philippines.”

 And the conversation goes on and on. We shared stories about ourselves and finished our dinner for about an hour. We had few minutes to walk around his house and finally, I decided to go home.

“Hey, Justin. Thanks for the dinner. It was really good.”

“Good thing you liked it. Angelo’s really a good chef.”

“Yeah, he really is. Oh hey, I guess I really have to go home.”

“Already? But it’s still early”

“We already talked about it, right?”

“Oh, yeah. Okay. Thanks for letting me have a dinner with you, anyway.” Justin called Mike and told him to ready his car. “I’ll be the one who’ll drop you at your place, okay. I want to be sure that you’ll get home safe and sound.” He got his car keys and we went inside his car.

My place is an hour away from him and since there’s no traffic, I got home earlier than I should. “So, here’s where you live? That’s good, you’re not that far from me.”, Justin said while smiling.

I gave him a nod and opened the car’s door. “Hey Justin, thanks for the ride.”

“You’re welcome, Sophia. Thank you very much. It’s so nice to meet you. And oh, if you don’t mind, I want to be friends with you. Can I, can I have your number?” Justin said shyly.

I was surprised by what he said however, I didn’t show it. I gave him my number then bid him. Afterall, I wasn’t really expecting to hear from him after this night. “Take care.”

“I will. You too.”

Then in a snap, he’s car was gone. I went inside, rest for a while, then had my long, warm bath. I took a deep breath and say, “This was one crazy day”.

 

 



© 2010 iamcarolfierce


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like how Sophia talks to Justin. She in this situation maintained control and was actually flirting with him by not showing how star struck she was. She treated him like an ordinary Joe and that prompted his desires for her. I don't think he noticed this happening either but it was a game of cat and mouse. Justin thought he was the cat when in fact he is the mouse.

Even when they arrived at his house she was amazed by it but outwardly she still picked on him calling him stupid and laughing at him. She wasn't an easy target as anyone of his other fans would have been so it is natural that Justin would want to concur her in some way. Thus he was annoyed.

Now the phone number. To me I would imagine that Sophia would have known he was going to ask for her number, why did it surprise her? She had his nose wide open, she knew he was attracted to her especially when she took off her hat exposing her long hair that made Justin stutter and his eyes stare with desire. She knows she has him for her taken in my opinion. Every woman knows when they capture a mans imagination. So I wonder if Sophia has low self esteem and that is causing her to be in denial?

Your dialogue is believable, and displays some of your best writing to me.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like this chapter, your characters are believable and it's really good as a first novel...

Posted 13 Years Ago


amazing job on this chapter
great dialouge and realistic detail
very nice

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like how Sophia talks to Justin. She in this situation maintained control and was actually flirting with him by not showing how star struck she was. She treated him like an ordinary Joe and that prompted his desires for her. I don't think he noticed this happening either but it was a game of cat and mouse. Justin thought he was the cat when in fact he is the mouse.

Even when they arrived at his house she was amazed by it but outwardly she still picked on him calling him stupid and laughing at him. She wasn't an easy target as anyone of his other fans would have been so it is natural that Justin would want to concur her in some way. Thus he was annoyed.

Now the phone number. To me I would imagine that Sophia would have known he was going to ask for her number, why did it surprise her? She had his nose wide open, she knew he was attracted to her especially when she took off her hat exposing her long hair that made Justin stutter and his eyes stare with desire. She knows she has him for her taken in my opinion. Every woman knows when they capture a mans imagination. So I wonder if Sophia has low self esteem and that is causing her to be in denial?

Your dialogue is believable, and displays some of your best writing to me.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 23, 2010
Last Updated on December 27, 2010


Author

iamcarolfierce
iamcarolfierce

MANILA, Philippines



About
I used to have a great passion in writing before. Composed poems and songs, had written essays and stories. However, time made me a real bum. Vices and peers came and I forgot about writing. But no.. more..

Writing