CHAPTER 4 (Edited)

CHAPTER 4 (Edited)

A Chapter by iamcarolfierce

  It is 5:20 in the morning and my alarm woke me up. I quickly stood up finding myself being laid back to bed. I could feel the world wobbling and the coldness of the air made me pull back the thick blankets. I set the alarm again for a quick nap.

 

  10 minutes had passed and my alarm woke me up again. I have to stand up and get ready for work. I headed to the bathroom and had a quick shower. The temperature seems to be dropping and I rapidly covered myself with towel. I fixed myself as fast as I could, fearing that I’ll be late for work.

 

  I went to the dining room. The place is smaller than ours in the Philippines. It was painted in white and I only had two wooden chairs. It perfectly fits me though. I cooked fried egg and rice for breakfast and boiled water for my tea. I sat down and still, the world is shaking. My body is getting weaker. I touched my neck and felt my temperature high. I must have not yet adjusted with the surroundings here and this must have made me sick.

 

 It has been a week since I got here and I could still feel that my body has not yet adjusted with the surroundings. The place was very different from where I grew up. The temperature was higher than the usual.

 

  And within those few days, I’ve already experienced a lot especially at the hotel. Numbers of cranky guest and their complaints tests my patience. I could remember one instance where in this tall lady with a pointed nose rushed toward the front desk fumingly. She was grumbling about the bellboy who was bringing her things up. Accidently, the bellboy had stepped on her foot. He had also dropped some of her luggage on the floor. The lady was yelling loudly at everyone in the front desk. She was asking for the manager to come out and talk to her. However, the manager was not at the hotel that time.

 

“Where the hell is your manager? Don’t you dare lie to me. Don’t you know who I am?” said the lady with a British accent.

 

 Well, we really don’t know her and what we did was just stare in disbelief in what she’s saying and trying hard to calm her down. Fortunately, the manager came in and talked to her. Everything then was settled. Poor boy, he was just a trainee and this was his first day as a bellboy. He was still shaking even though everything was patched up.

 

  Other than that, I have other hotel experiences. Some are good, while others are really bad. I have met new friends and one of those is Tasia. She’s an Asian girl who talks a lot. She’s very friendly and had a good sense of humor. We shared our stories and ate together. I haven’t told her about Justin though.

 

  I sipped my tea while glancing at the clock. It’s already 6:20 and I have to go. I quickly washed my plate and had a final look at the mirror before going out. Luckily, a taxi had just dropped a couple near my house.

 

 I waved at the taxi and told him where to go. The taxi’s radio was on and I heard a pleasant sounding voice. I hadn’t realized that I was singing with it. I never even thought that I knew the lyrics of the song. I don’t know the title though.

 

  “And that was “Just a fraction” by Justin Bouvier hitting the number one this week. Tune in next time here at Red Radio, sounds good. This is DJ McCoy, signing off”

 

  “Oh, so that was from Justin. That was a good song.” I whispered.

 

  I haven’t heard from him since last week. “They will come and they will go. Boys will always be boys” I let out a deep breath and there was a sudden pinch in my heart. I had just remembered something.

 

  Finally, I arrived at my working place on time. I went to the desk and my shift had started. “I hope I could last the day.” I could still feel my body getting weaker.

 

  “Good morning Sophia.” said Tasia.

 

 “Good morning Tasia” I faintly replied.

 

 “Oh, you’re not looking good and you look really pale. Are you okay?”

 

 Tasia then placed her palm on my neck. “Oh dear, you’re sick. Why don’t you just stay home instead?”

 

 “I will be okay Tasia, don’t worry” I answered cheerfully, hoping that I could last the day.

 

Fortunately, everything went well that day. There are less complaints and my body managed to work well. My shift had ended and I hurriedly went home. I walked along the streets.

 

“Darn it! Where are all the cabs when you needed it?”

 

  I could feel the whole world trembling now. I was crossing the streets when I felt my legs went numb. Everything was blurry and I stopped. I was catching my breath. I tried to stay alert but my body was slowly fainting. I could hear some people yelling, telling someone to look behind. I didn’t knew that it was me and then…

 

“BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!”

 

 I turned to look at where the sound came from, barely able to move. A bright light blinded me and then, everything went black.



© 2010 iamcarolfierce


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I actually read this before any of the other chapters, so i was a little confused, but i will surely read the rest of this interesting story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice job! Interesting read! Keep me posted.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hey there. I'm having harding time writing again. So, if you guys have suggestions, comments or any, please don't hesitate to tell me. :) Thanks.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was OK, seemed a little slow but it was enough... i don't know much about grammar so i can't comment. I'd still like to read more though! keep me posted!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well I am glad you are continuing the story and you remembered to remind me so brownie points to you! Okay a gold star instead :)

I need to ask are you looking for interpretations, suggestions, grammer/spelling or all of them?

I do agree with Worms thoughts, last I remember our beautiful main character was in the thrill of the man who is a big time star. The relationship was moving from Cat and Mouse games to maybe something more concrete. This chapter some how feels out of place. It is like we have time warped into her pass before the star man made such an impression on her and her him.

I am wondering if this chapter is set up as a break in action as it is also much shorter than the others. Over all it is well written but it just breaks the action that has us all interested in seeing how it developes.

Questions: Did she call the taxi or is the taxi on a regular schedule to pick her up?

:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


nice job in starting to bring the conflict into the story
however this seems to be a non sequitor here maybe this should go in front of chapter 2 in order to make the story flow a bit better, but other than that amazing job on this chapter, but, where is Justin?

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 13, 2010
Last Updated on December 15, 2010


Author

iamcarolfierce
iamcarolfierce

MANILA, Philippines



About
I used to have a great passion in writing before. Composed poems and songs, had written essays and stories. However, time made me a real bum. Vices and peers came and I forgot about writing. But no.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Granite Man Granite Man

A Poem by Fegger