Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by idiotproof--1
"

this is a very short chapter others will be longer. this is also my first time writing from first person perspective.

"

Chapter 3

This isn't what I wanted

but I love the company”



The door was in front of me. Behind it layed the creature that had caused endless nightmares. Now I had to check. Had to make sure that it wasn't there. It hadn't been here in weeks but still the fear lingered. I trembled as I reached for the knob. I had taken two shots of liquid courage and still was shaking in fear.


Slowly and carefully I turned the knob and pushed the door. It didn't creek. it didn't make a sound. I peered in and let out the breath I had been holding. It wasn't here. Once again I was alone in this huge castle. If I was religious maybe I wold thank god. If religion didn't scare me maybe I would praise god for letting me be all alone.


I never really liked being with people though they loved me. Here I only ever had to see them through the windows. They would point, wave and cheer and sometimes I would wave back though usually I would turn away. I never knew how to deal with them I never had to. It was scary trying to be what they wanted. It was so much easier to just let my drugs tell me who I am.


I never wanted to think of who I had to be. Not for them and certainly not for myself. The sweet voices that whispered to me after the shots would tell me. They would let me know who I was today and what I was doing. I never had to think about myself after the needles pierced my skin. That was all I really wanted.


I didn't need the castle the people gave me I just needed myself, my needles and my smokes. If it were up to me though I wouldn't need myself. I would be someone else. Anyone else. That said I would just as soon be no one. It would be all the same to me to have never existed at all.




© 2016 idiotproof--1


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on April 3, 2016
Last Updated on April 3, 2016


Author

idiotproof--1
idiotproof--1

stratford, ontario, Canada



Writing