Single Woman Meets Single Man

Single Woman Meets Single Man

A Poem by KATHY SUE SILLS
"

Creative Potery Group

"

 

She stands at the hord'oeuvre table, eyes searching for that special man, the one that stole her heart by his mere appearance.

Words were not spoken between them, but electricity had eletrified.

The night is still young, he has plenty of time to show up.

 

The red dress she's wearing emphasizes her voluptous figure.

Music plays softly, a kind of romantic song that brings love birds closer together when dancing.  She hopes to finally meet him tonight.  Apprension along with excitement causes flutters uneasiness.

 

Whispers of words she rehearses, trying to keep an imprint of what she wants to say to him fresh in her mind. Tingles of pleasure sends a quiver up her spine as he walks in the door. Cupids arrow hits her heart.  Eyes pursue his every move.

 

She tries to contrive her next move, but her mind goes all fuzzy, sense of reality fades into dream land. Laughter of people dance around her. Lips smack together with their lovers in mockery.  A flame of heat warms her cheecks as he heads her way.

 

Bodies closes together sway to the music. His ambrosial scent hypothesizes her. Each savors the moment of indulgent. Lips subjugate into a passionate kiss as a love story begins.

 

© 2011 KATHY SUE SILLS


Author's Note

KATHY SUE SILLS
Tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice sensual details!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
?
This was beautiful, imagery was great. Love the last stanza. Perfect ending

Posted 12 Years Ago


that last stanza? HAWT!

Posted 12 Years Ago


A dreams delightful meeting, excellent poetry :0)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is an interesting type of poem with is prose like flow, yet formed into verses...

The idea of the woman on the look out is painted into a colourful and attractive picture... and the sensual connexion is the start of a dream of delight...

Posted 12 Years Ago


I enjoyed her dreamy state of fantasy.
Romantic poem

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautiful. . Great job!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sensual but with a touch of rawness that is quite appealing! Very good!

Posted 12 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

547 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 19, 2011
Last Updated on August 19, 2011

Author

KATHY SUE SILLS
KATHY SUE SILLS

Harrisville, MS



About
check out! www.facebook.com/twinoneandtwintwo Hello writercafe friends. I've been on this site for a few years! I stopped writing for a while, and trying to get back into it! When I joined this sit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..