Balancing Between Nothingness

Balancing Between Nothingness

A Poem by KATHY SUE SILLS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Hidden in this nothingness pain presides.

Light in the tunnel moves further away.

Fear frozen like a winters pond threatens to break.  Numbness slowly traps a

depressed body.

 

Peace of mind is in a fog induced sleep

Yesterdays happiness fell into the depth of pooling sadness. Todays happiness drowns in over flowing tears. Tommorrows happiness never arrives

Obstruction blocks future happiness

from coming.

 

Sun rises, blackness still prevails.

Images without faces float in the darkness. Eyes can no longer see a solution. Death rides in on a thunder cloud.

 

A soul is restless like an erratic waterfall. Hyperventilation slowly dissipates oxygen. Images become distorted. Hysteria wipes away all function.

 

Masks are removed from objects.

Pills, guns, knifes, tranform suicide into a friend. Eternity of dreams whisper peace.

Dream catcher weave a better place to be.

 

Composition of happier days past gone constructs HOPE. Visions of what life can be again keeps blood pumping. Put Suicide to rest in a wooden coffin. Breathe in life. CHOOSE to LIVE.

CONQUER suicide!

 

 

 

© 2012 KATHY SUE SILLS


Author's Note

KATHY SUE SILLS
I have fault depression, never to the point to seek suicide! Depression hurts the one who has it plus the people who loves them. Seek help, do not seek suicide!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

An excellent message, delivered brilliantly.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Liked how the poem ends with a positive note. Enjoyed the whole depiction of darkness as well. Good one. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


So very honest. Thank you.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautifuly expressed!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think that this is a wonderful write. Most of us, if not all of us, if human, have felt these feeling one time or another; the important thing here is never believing that suicide is the answer. I think you've illustrated this perfectly. It's sad that so many choose suicide as the way out; I've known many in my life that have; my grief and sadness for them is only equaled to that of their family and friends left behind to deal with the results. Great truth in your words.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is really strong, both in the msg and the execution. The imagery is hightly moving and seems to catch how it is for someone trapped in the darkness. I know that hyperventilating panic, too. I think the strongest line is 'Masks are removed from objects'. What a terrifying state to be in. And so many are, right now, right now. But you turn it all round in the last graph. Yes, the last verse is the key to it all. Seek help. By the way I thought of some of Evanescence's lyrics as I started to read. Maybe the image you have with the poem reminded me of Amy Lee.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The awful journey to the depths of suicide and the joyful ride up out of those awful dark depths. You did a great job on this piece. Very realistic.

Posted 12 Years Ago


great message!! very heartfelt... thanx for sharing!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


You describe how it is, suicide creeps in within the black cloud of depression stealing away all hope. But sometimes in the mist of that darkness the suffer finds that that hope. Suicide will end suffering on earth but the cost is so very very high. This is really really good writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
?
A very intense and full of truth, I can relate but not to the point of suicide.
Very well penned

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

884 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 10, 2012
Last Updated on January 10, 2012
Tags: Depression, Sadness, Numb, Suicide

Author

KATHY SUE SILLS
KATHY SUE SILLS

Harrisville, MS



About
check out! www.facebook.com/twinoneandtwintwo Hello writercafe friends. I've been on this site for a few years! I stopped writing for a while, and trying to get back into it! When I joined this sit.. more..

Writing