Consumed

Consumed

A Story by Ksenia Kazantseva
"

allow me to show you.

"
Landing on her feet, she exercised control when she saw him. 

they read each other as he stepped out. 

She wanted to paint a picture of how beautiful he was, but the colours didn’t exist to describe him 

Their eyes locked -

Her lips stretched into a smile as they had many times before

eyes - 

seconds came and went. 

minutes. 

3 days. 

that’s all they had to feel each other

“I wish I lived here” she whispered quietly. 

the bath was warm, the kisses warmer. sweeter. fragile. full. 

the music fell faint, she couldn’t remember it if she tried.  

Her hands grazed the only rough part of him just below his soft lips. trimmed neatly, she felt the way his face fit perfectly in her hands. 

eyes -

minutes came and went. 

seconds. 

their eyes locked.

vulnerable



A sudden shift - she felt him tense. 

the distance hit her hard, they were still touching!

She could no longer see his eyes behind his thick eyelashes and his body language read cold 

‘love is terminal, it’s not built to last’

she kept her composure, still painting the picture she had just moments before, those colours that didn’t yet exist were becoming more realistic. 

the separation was unsettling,

another day and she would be gone. 

another day and the distance would be unattainable. 

she wanted to be brought back to the first days - someone so new and so far, yet she felt at home in his presence. 

the parts of her she admired she let fleet for him. 
her control. her caution. the saviours. 

time flew as she tried to bring him back. 

she re-traced her steps. lost. 

Her mind was racing as she walked to her gate. her feet wore her emotions. 

“hi my love, I’m walking through the airport. he just dropped me off a little bit ago. I’m trying not to cry. It’s just sad and it sucks and I just can’t wait to see you...honestly. ummm... This s**t is so hard, I don’t know. Like I just can’t wait to see you and be home and be back in reality. *voice breaks* I’m so upset. I can’t do this. Don’t ever let me do this again...” 

She landed. 

And wept. 

© 2019 Ksenia Kazantseva


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Whether fantasied, imagined, wistfully daydreamed, or the real physical presence of one's lover … the notion or reality of parting can be unbearably difficult for the tender mind, heart, and soul to endure.

Hello, Ksenia,
It's Richard, come to welcome you and enjoy one of your excellently rendered pieces.
Particularly, I was stuck by the vividly creative realism you so skillfully expressed the ambiance and mood of your moments. Too, your selection of words, punctuation, syntax, line-breaks, and grammatical eloquence, etc; were especially impactful and enjoyable. Such an aptly expressive picture to bleed into the mood, too.
Ksenia, the "only" issue is the cold feel of spacing between every line, but that may be due to posting from your cellphone. Somewhat interesting, too, is that your format is similar to Free Verse.

"A sudden shift -
she felt him tense …
the distance hit her hard,
they were still touching!" (goodness!)

In romance, I've found that too much of a good thing, or too many lovers can, indeed, consume one's entire being to the extent that it overflows, and the only relief may well be weeping its sadness away.
Actually, I'm brimming a bit right now, myself.

Wonderful, Ksenia … thank you most sincerely for the pleasure of sharing your mind and heart! ⁓ Richard 🍃

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 3, 2019
Last Updated on April 4, 2019

Author

Ksenia Kazantseva
Ksenia Kazantseva

Toronto, Canada



About
a glimpse into my soul. I do not give consent for my work to be copied. happy and willing to review others' work. let yourself fall into the story. more..

Writing