Wakey-Wakey

Wakey-Wakey

A Chapter by Isa Ruffatti

  

  

Wakey-Wakey

 

Holly woke up in a strange room. Or so it seemed.
“Whooooo!”she wailed drunkenly, “Lasssst Frrrridayyyy Niiiiite!”

She was all spark. The room was all gloom- an attic, she realized. Howsoever had she ended up here? Her of all people? Where was Conrad? Beautiful, hot Conrad. She licked her lips. Delicious. All muscles, no talk. She fingered her way towards a bottle of cognac. Empty. Dispair made her feel all cold. Conrad. She needed Conrad. He’d make her feel all warm. Unlike Caleb. Spouting all wits and tecno-babble, college boy, thought he was so smart. He’d left, Holly recalled, after that s**t Bianca had thrown herself all over him. Ugh. It disgusted her as much as it disgusted poor clever Caleb, sadly.

“Wakey-wakey”long tan legs from above seemed to prod her. Holly remained lifeless. Long tan legs sighed and swooned. She sounded high.

 “Pauline, honey, don’t wake her up” a voice purred

“Why not?”

“ Cause I say so! Now shut up and help me move her!”

Someone grabbed Holly from the legs. Someone else grabbed her, albeit tentatively, from the arms.

“ Why are we doing this? I don’t want to do this anymore, Jane!”

“ I told you she’d be trouble, I told you so” another voice.

Raspy voice answered “Then we’ll kill dear Pauline too”, “She’ll set the example”

Holly tensed. Kill? Whoever said anything about killing?

Pauline wailed.

The other voice laughed, albeit nervously,

“Let’s just do it, now” she breathed “It’s so hot!”

“Not yet” Jane purred once again. Whatever this was, she was clearly enjoying this.

S**t. Holly remembered. Jane, Pauline, and... Pearl? Jane, Pauline, and Pearl! Her friends!

“What is going on?” she asked

“Shut it you b***h” Pearl shoved a piece of cloth into her mouth.

Damn. Pearl. Conrad- Conrad, Pearl’s boyfriend! Pearl’s ridiculously hot boyfriend, with whom Holly had had sex with!

The horror.

Well, I’ll be damned.

She glanced at Jane. She was holding another piece of cloth.

Oh god, I’ll be strangled. But why? Sleeping with Conrad? Being a rate A b***h?

“Shhhhh....” Jane purred, yet again.  

Holly could find no other words to describe Jane’s cat-like speech. She simply couldn’t find a more exact word, her stunted vocabulary left much to be desired, but still.

 

Rita woke up. Exhaled. Breathe in, breathe out. It always took a while to detach herself from the worlds inside her head. This one had been a particularly weird one. Holly? She didn’t even like the name Holly or Holly herself. Rita had never been drunk. Or had sex. A TARDIS ringtone had woken her. “Geek, time to wake up and jump in the shower” it said. Allons-y! Ugh. School was imminent. Monday, you b*****d. 



© 2014 Isa Ruffatti


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on December 6, 2014
Last Updated on December 6, 2014


Author

Isa Ruffatti
Isa Ruffatti

, El Salvador



Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Story by Isa Ruffatti


Anansi, S1 E1 Anansi, S1 E1

A Screenplay by Isa Ruffatti