The Scarlet Letter

The Scarlet Letter

A Chapter by Isa Ruffatti

 

Holly found herself hastily forging a signature. Robert’s signature. Who was he? Was he hot? Slowly, the question of why formed in her shallow mind. Huh, dumb Holly wondered. I must have a good reason. School. But Holly wasn’t in school anymore. Yet here she was, in school. “What do you think you’re doing?” a middle aged man stood by, much like a vulture would stand next to its prey. “I’m forging a signature,” she replied stupidly “I have a good reason”. “Now do you?” he inquired. Claude. The name pierced Holly like lightning. What the actual f**k? How did she know who he was and what business did she have with this guy? As far as she knew, she’d never seen him in her entire life. “My mom will be pissed if she sees this test” she begged, looking at her paper. A red F. S**t. “That’s the whole point” she realized aloud. Red, hot, seething shame. Double s**t. She should stop cursing. Claude looked at her quizzically. He was not expecting this. I’m on top, she realized. I can win. “I know I made a mistake. I did not study. Isn’t that enough?”

 

Apparently not. Rita wanted to kill off Holly at this point, despite her enlightment. She got out of the shower, dressed up for school.

 

You’re going down.

“Why? Are you Jane?”

Not Jane, you meathead.

“But I admitted my mistake, are you Claude? Robert?”

Nope.

“I don’t understand”

Shut up.

 

Silence ensued. Finally.

No more Holly.

 Rita went to her study. Her homework was done. A few minutes later, she’d go downstairs to help her mom make breakfast. Tid bit of time for a little more imagination...

 



© 2014 Isa Ruffatti


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on December 20, 2014
Last Updated on December 20, 2014


Author

Isa Ruffatti
Isa Ruffatti

, El Salvador



Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Story by Isa Ruffatti


Anansi, S1 E1 Anansi, S1 E1

A Screenplay by Isa Ruffatti