Shiloh

Shiloh

A Chapter by J.Keyes
"

On the other side of the story is Shiloh, a young kid also struggling with the stress of possibly becoming a Hunter.

"

I wake up sweating. My first thought is how glad I was that the nightmare I’d just had was over.

                The second was the realization that I was waking into another one.

                Section 14 Orphanage. It’s somewhere in Oklahoma. I got sent here about three weeks ago, and I was already planning my escape. I shouldn’t be here. I should be back in Vegas, where my real home is. It was my home until the dumb Rebels and Carnivores started fighting and decided to blow up my house with my parents in it.

                That kind of thing changes someone. The fact that their life was being controlled by something they couldn’t stop. Feeling hopeless and alone with no one to turn to has become my most recent problem, among others.

                Headmaster Albin thought teens like me should “talk about our problems”. I always hated when he said “teens like you”, like an insult. He’d only been doing the job for six months and thinks he knows me.  He doesn’t have any idea who I am or what I’m about. He also doesn’t know how scared I am to go to bed at night. One of the other guys, Mosley, who goes by Tork, hates me.

                From the moment I stepped into Section 14, I could see the hate in his eyes. That came from years of abandon and no love from anyone. Apparently, he wants to smash my face I, which is impossible, but won’t stop him from trying.

                It doesn’t matter because I won’t be staying for too much longer.

                Tonight is the night I make my escape.



© 2010 J.Keyes


Author's Note

J.Keyes
It's a short chapter, but ther's more to come later on in the story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on May 20, 2010
Last Updated on May 20, 2010


Author

J.Keyes
J.Keyes

Kent, WA



About
My real name is Marquis. I've recently turned 18, I've enjoyed writing for a very long time and have wanted the opportunity to have my stories read and get feedback. Any and all feedback you can give.. more..

Writing
Myth? Myth?

A Chapter by J.Keyes


Duhaga Duhaga

A Chapter by J.Keyes


Demp Demp

A Book by J.Keyes