Chapter 1: the beginning(Not finished)

Chapter 1: the beginning(Not finished)

A Chapter by N.G

Buzz!!! Buzz!!! I looked up at the clock which read 10:53. " Mariea will you get that" I yelled knowing my house keeper was going to ignore me if I didn't yell "please" I added hoping that she would hurry up and just open the door.

"Mr. Jake, its people from the office" Mariea responded in a casual tone.

"Ok Mariea let them in." I said, the office on a weekend was always a bad sign. "Oh Mariea before you let them in can you tell me the date."

"Sure, its the Tuesday May, 19." She said sounding happy as she moved to open the door.

"Thanks Mariea, remind me to give you a raise" I said trying to make sure everyone was happy, an happy employee is a good employee according to my Pops I thought to myself.

"Hey Jake" said Jack my Financial Vice President his yellow teeth, caught me his breath stank, he was a small and short, where as I was large, yet average height. "Well did you read the news this morning?" He continued.

"No why? What happened? I was suddenly very interested my company had taken a spiral downward since my father had passed and now it threatened to collapse the empire he had spent his whole life creating, Bass industries an communication company.

"Mr. Garagen didn't call you? I thought he would of all people." He said making me feel like a five year old waiting for a toy.

"No, Andrew didn't call me was he supposed too, We are going to meet to play golf though, would you gentlemen like to join us, we can talk in the car." I said hoping they would hurry up and tell so that I could go and play golf with Andrew.

"Well sure, we'll join you, we'll just get our stuff." said Jack, looking excited to join me in my car, I didn't want a limo although I could easily afford one, when people knew you were rich there are alot of gold diggers who just act, like my ex Natalie.

"Ok so, what is the big news" I asked letting, my curiosity have the better of me.

"You know the new promotion the one with the free incoming, texting for three months with the purchase of a three year plan, well we have had so much success we're the second largest phone company in North America. " He smiled at me vigorously.

The afternoon was smooth sailing after that, I was now a worth a net of 3 billion dollars, one of the thousand elite. I hit a par or what ever its called a couple time which I was told was great for a beginner, I didn't know if they were trying to suck up to me or telling me the truth. It was well after 5 that I decided to go home and check a few files, which were waiting for me on my desk. I jumped into the front seat and drove Jack home who looked like Christmas was coming early. I smiled at the local area manager who had only talked to me when he had said " great par Mr. Bener".

"Good after noon sir" He said to me, as he walked away.

"Hey, Hey what's your name?" I called after him, he seemed like a nice guy.

"It's...Robin, Robin Blake." He said looking a little saddened by the fact that i didn't know his name.

Well I thought to myself time to get to work as I drove back.



© 2009 N.G


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on May 21, 2009


Author

N.G
N.G

Calgary, Canada



About
I'm 16 and I live In Calgary more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Book by N.G


The beginning The beginning

A Chapter by N.G


I Don't know yet I Don't know yet

A Book by N.G