Travel Guide to Milan

Travel Guide to Milan

A Story by jaslyncea
"

Milan is indeed one of the most beautiful and irresistible places in Italy. Ans this city is surely a wonder to visit.

"

 Duomo of Milan

Some say Milan is boring; but for those who know what they want to see, this city is indeed one of the most beautiful and irresistible places in Italy. Although most buildings around are modernized and the idea of restoring the historic edifices seems quite forgotten, first time visitors still have numerous reasons to buy air tickets to Milan and a lot to look forward to. After all, the people may not have their focus on restorations but they do know how to preserve the histories left.


Basically, traveling to Milan is an exciting feat. But to heighten up the experience, one has to know when the perfect time to visit is. This depends on the preferences of the traveler. During autumn is perhaps the most ideal time to go to Milan as the city is embraced with a lively atmosphere �" thanks to the Christmas vibe. Shops are decorated with lights and ornaments which are pleasing to the eye. The weather could be cold though. In wintertime, locals are terribly busy so there might be lesser things to look forward to. The same thing applies during spring, although the environment is much adaptive for tourists because trees are at full bloom. During summer, the weather could be hot and humid.


Traveling around using public transportation is easy in Milan. Several options are provided for tourists so they could comfortably go to places. They could use the metro, trams, buses, trains, taxis, and radio buses �" depending on which form of transportation they prefer. Amount of fares are just fine; and would not really hurt in the pocket.


Going around, it is a must that tourists visit different Milan attractions. Among the most famous is the Duomo of Milan. It is the third-largest cathedral in the world and is renowned for its splendid Gothic architecture. People can climb the stairs to visit the rooftop, from where a spectacular view of the city can be obtained. The cathedral gives home to numerous artworks of top Italian artists like Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo and Andrea Mantegna.


Other spectacular spots to visit are Castello Sforzesco, La Scala Theatre, Biblioteca Ambrosiana, Sempione Park, and many more.


Biblioteca Ambrosiana


Of course, shopping is an integral part of any trip and Milan knows that so well. The city is known as a fashion capital of Italy so it is expected to see stalls of designer brands. Shopaholics would find paradise in Fashion Quadrangle, Montenapoleone Street, Vittorio Emanuele Street, Porta Venezia Avenue, and many more. Among the top brands in the areas are Gucci, Salvatore Ferragamo, Prada, and Dolce and Gabbana.





When it comes to dining, there are many restaurants in Milan that serve truly delectable dishes. Italian cooking is, of course, the specialty of most establishments; although there are some which are dedicated to international flares like Chinese, Japanese and American cuisines. There are also a lot of cafés and bars around the city.


Milan is surely a wonder to visit. Budget travelers need not to worry as cheap tickets to this city are sold in the internet.

© 2013 jaslyncea


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
Added on April 29, 2013
Last Updated on April 29, 2013
Tags: Milan travel, Milan tour, Milan travel guide, Milan travel tips

Author

jaslyncea
jaslyncea

Singapore, Singapore



About
Jaslyn Lim is a Bachelor's Degree Holder of Business and Commerce in a university in Singapore. She loves blogging, social networking, and traveling. On of her blog, Top 10 Travel list, is focused on .. more..

Writing