Hong Kong’s Majestic Temples and Stunning Nature

Hong Kong’s Majestic Temples and Stunning Nature

A Story by jaslyncea
"

Aside from the modern attractions that Hong Kong provides, visiting old temples and its natural sceneries generates the ambiance of calmness and simplicity.

"
If you noticed, tour packages to Hong Kong usually include stops to temples and gardens. Such is an ordinary thing as these two categories of Hong Kong attractions are major prides of the nation. It is a pure delight on the part of the travelers to visit these beautiful places because it generates the ambiance of calmness and simplicity; and most of the time, these places stimulate the feeling of nostalgia towards Hong Kong’s glorious past.


TEMPLES

1. Hau Wong Temple


Built during 1730’s, Hau Wong Temple is believed to be dedicated to a Chinese general who had been of great help to the nation during the Song Dynasty, when the people are escaping the invading forces in Kowloon. Other says that it was built for a local who healed the emperor from his sickness. Nowadays, the temple is the perfect venue to see different Chinese calligraphic artworks and cultural artifacts. Reliefs on walls are also worth seeing.


2. Sik Sik Yuen Wong Tai Sin Temple

Hailed as one of the largest and most popular temple in Hong Kong, the Sik Sik Yuen Wong Tai Sin Temple is known for making every wish come true. It serves three religions: Confucianism, Taoism and Buddhism. Basically, people who come here bring offerings to their deities. It has five buildings and structures representing the five elements of Feng Shui.


3. The Big Buddha and Po Lin Monastery


In the Outlying Islands is this iconic sitting Buddha statue and a magnificent monastery. Even if the travelers aren’t believers of the Buddhist faith, getting to this prime destination is a must as it provides a sense of accomplishment to anyone who does. It is, after all, one of the most beautiful places in Hong Kong.


GARDENS

1. Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden


Stray away from the urban and visit the mountains; and lay eyes on the majesty of the Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden. Perched on the slopes of the highest mountain in Hong Kong, this natural paradise is the perfect breathing place. The air is fresh and the sceneries are stunning. Vegetable fields and green houses are everywhere, as well as animals. More so, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden is also home to a museum which displays the beautiful history of farming in Hong Kong. It is located in Liam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories.


2. Hong Kong Wetland Park

It is not just a garden actually. It is an eco-tourism park where people can encounter some of Hong Kong’s unique natural treasures. Occupying a vast 60-hectare land in New Territories, it is where travelers can find different flora and faunas freely moving around. The aim of this eco-tourism park is to educate the public on how to take care of the nature and all living things in it.


These are just five of the temples and gardens worth visiting in Hong Kong. It is such a waste to not go there when in the area. After all, religious buildings and nature are impressive contributors to the splendid charm of the nation. These are evidently more than enough reasons to avail those air tickets to Hong Kong

© 2013 jaslyncea


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

350 Views
Added on July 22, 2013
Last Updated on July 22, 2013
Tags: Hong Kong, Hong Kong tours, Hong Kong travel, travel, Hong Kong travel tips, travel tips

Author

jaslyncea
jaslyncea

Singapore, Singapore



About
Jaslyn Lim is a Bachelor's Degree Holder of Business and Commerce in a university in Singapore. She loves blogging, social networking, and traveling. On of her blog, Top 10 Travel list, is focused on .. more..

Writing