Prince ?

Prince ?

A Chapter by Jayce Em

Ellie Zerani. It's the name they gave me. Ordinary name. So common. But if you think my life would be as common and typical as my name, I tell you--- it is not. Totally not.

But who really is Ellie Zerani?

I'm just a girl living with my 3 siblings with their ages, five and below. I go to a Medical School taking up Bachelor of Science in Psychology. Surviving that expensive tuition of this college, I joined a dance troop which actively acts as my scholarship.

My class schedule would run from 7:30 am up to 8:30 pm. After that--- while my classmates are consecutively bidding their goodbyes on me, here I am walking in an ally--- taking 15 steps on the stairs up to our dance studio. I have to practice for our dance performances from the time my last class dismissed until 10 pm and sometimes it will run till 11 or so. When I got home... I still need to study for the 11 subjects I have--- to maintain my grades and my scholarship. Studying? Hah. Not really my thing. Well I guess, I'm actually trying or doing my best--- as far as my body and brain cooperates. But most of the time, when I opened my notes--- I easily got dizzy and fell asleep. Then for the next morning... I will wake up 4 am to make the breakfast of my family.

Still typical? Huh. Think again.

My friends in school were great! But of course in the first place... it was not easy to be with them. I mean--- yes I'm friendly and all--- but I guess I could please all the people I want to be friends with me.

First year of my college, it was as if I'm in a dark room having nothing--- knowing nothing. But as I go along with my life, I learned to be as friendly as those politicians in your place during the election season.

I would smile, laugh, create some comments, laugh again and all. I do all of this just to gain friends. And I guess I just did. Some of my classmates knew me because of the school I came from and the talents that I've got. They knew I could dance well, do some stunts, and all. They also recognized the beautiful body as a product of my almost decade of dancing.

I share my thoughts to everyone. I laughed at their jokes. I love telling about things I knew and loved. And above all, I love and still wanting to gain attention and appreciation from the people. This--- was the reason behind of our misunderstandings.

For a while I thought I'm just being myself and trying to meet their expectations of me but--- one day, I just knew that everyone--- well, almost were having this hidden irritation- anger- and whatsoever you would call those feelings-- Hate.

They said I'm too proud of myself and always want to gain attention during the class or anywhere--- anytime. And I? Not that I'm not aware of my personality but-- it's who I am. It's the way I lived my 17 years in this beautiful yet unfair world.

Beautiful yet unfair. Yes, this world really is. What made me say that? Hah. I hate bringing back memories but I'll do it for you to understand me.

I was 15 years old then. I'm happily chatting with my classmates, playing with some childhood friends, having fun with all the people I met on the way. Everything was perfect although nothing's perfect in this world but God, Himself. Everything was just like a fairytale... all having this lovable ending. Happy together with my family... and together with someone I love.

Yet fairy tales... were just found in books. Just stories told during bedtime until you fall asleep. Not true. Not real. As fairies don't really exist. It was like a dream. And a dream was an illusion created by our unconscious mind--- our hidden desires in life. And as every dreams would end--- it would be as more painful compared to a million stabs at your back. Knowing the traitor--- was once the closest to your heart.

Everything turned into a mess when I was revealed in reality. The mother I knew for all of my life was actually my grandmother--- and the sister I knew, respect, trust and loved most--- was my real biological mother. Knowing this--- if I were a glass, I might be in fragments now. Lying on the floor-- alone with my parts scattered to places where no one could ever found. Here--- fairy tales, happy endings--- don't truly exist.

I began to think that everything was a mere dream. But this dreams of mine just lead me to a hopeless situation. Everything was a lie. Everything. Yet I still don't give up. Maybe by this time... I'm a total stranger of my own world. Lost in the midst of darkness. Alone in the middle of the sea of my own tears.

I let out all my frustrations, loneliness, anger, angst, and longing in making friends to anybody-- having a great time with them by drinking liquors and all. I'm not a bad girl. Believe me. I'm just like this because I don't know who I really am. Am I that beautiful sweet girl everyone knew or just this passionate dancer drinking heavy liqours with the troup? I don't know. I really don't.

I thought everything was okay after that. I thought everyone will learn to love me and my deeds when I tried to be in the modernization of the society. I thought I knew myself more than others do. I thought I filled up my missing parts through dancing and being with my friends. But this things were just in my thoughts. Just my thinking. I'm still lost. Totally lost.

Yet God maybe had other plans for me. When I was alone and desperately longing someone to hold... He gave me him.

It was Saturday evening in the recent time when one member of our dance troop said he'll be celebrating his birthday on a bar. A bar--- a place where dancing, musics, short skirts, backless dresses, smokes, and heavy liquors were found. We went there as a group. But shortly... here I am now-- sitting in a rounded chair, drinking a glass of Margarita--- alone.

I looked around and I saw my friends seductively dancing with each other. Several couples at my right were hardly kissing full mouth (as if it's a kissing booth like the Lavapalooza event), at my left, a girl wearing a white backless shirt and short skirts was dancing--- pushing her big- pouting butt on the lower part of the abdomen of her boyfriend (assuming he's really her boyfriend), the guy was smiling from ear to ear with his both hands help up that in no seconds cupped his girlfriend's almost forty-cupped bumping breast. His moving it--- shaking it--- actively and exquisitely coordinating with the DJ's music. This scene might be lovable with the eyes of a actively sexual person-- a pervert and all. But not for me! Hell--- this was the grossest scene I ever witnessed in my whole life!

I rolled my eyes away from them and settled my glass on the crystal clear round table in front of me. I picked up my things, stood up, and went towards the exit.

"Ellie!" Josh, the birthday boy just stopped dancing with that slot looking girl and run towards me. "Hey you there, kitten. Where do you think you're going?"

"I'm going home." I feebly said.

"Going home? Are you insane? Why are you going home? It's still 12! Too early to go home! You'll just miss the big event later!"

"I'm going home, Josh. Just---" I stopped when he grabbed my waist and pulled me towards him.

"No. You won't." He send his face closer to mine. What the hell! Is he trying to kiss me?!

I pushed him away and slapped him before my life turn into a total mess.

He covered his reddened cheeks with his hand and shouted. "You b***h! What's with you?!" By that--- everyone in that bar focused on us. And that good at nothing guy, took that as an advantage to embarrass me. "Hey! Look here guys! This is my girlfriend and she doesn't want me to kiss her! Hah. Hey, Ellie, you don't know how to kiss a man, did you?"

Everyone laughed! As in... all! Including my considered friends in the troop.

I looked at him. Giving him an angry look. "You..."

"Whoa! Here goes the kitten turning into a tigress ready for a hunt. C'mon! Show me what you got your highness oh divine huntress of the forest. Let me see how you transform yourself. Hahahahah." Josh was mocking me. And it really drove me insane! I want to kill him now. Now!

I lose my grip to my bag and by the time it fell on the ground, I took a fast steps towards him. I stood so near in front of him--- looking like I was going to kiss him.

"Woo! Common girl. Show me what you got----" before he finished his statement, I kicked his genitals as hard as a hummer could do to a single standing nail. He jerked awkwardly on the floor screaming for the tremendous unavoidable pain. "Ahhh!!! Urgh..! Ahxt... Tsss... Oh God... oh God...! Asssss.."

I looked at him then to every person whom a while ago was enjoying his show of humiliation. I looked down on him on the floor.

"Ouch. Too bad for you." I turned around and grabbed by bag--- and walked away with a sinister smile on my face.

"Hey! Look at her. Our tigress is sleeping with an open eyes!" I became aback. Was all of that just a dream?! The heck! "Having a beautiful daydream, huh?" Josh was still mocking at me.

I bit my lips in disgrace. Why can't I do those things on my mind?! What's wrong with me anyway?!!!

"Will you please stop embarrassing her?"

I woke up again from my stream of consciousness and saw the tall guy standing in front of me. Saying things to those irrational beings. Suddenly, they looked as if they're the one that had been embarrassed. Including Josh. They walk away from us and continued the party. The guys turned to face me and made a sweet yet mysterious smile.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

Yes I'm okay. Definitely, okay. But no words came out from my mouth. I'm just here... looking at him. So mesmerized by his handsome face.

It feels like fairies of Cinderella and Sleeping beauty were on me. They exist! Flying and pouring fairy dust on us. Me and this handsome man. My prince.



© 2015 Jayce Em


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
Added on May 24, 2015
Last Updated on May 24, 2015


Author

Jayce Em
Jayce Em

Bacolod City, 6, Philippines



About
Know me through my works. more..

Writing
Untold Untold

A Poem by Jayce Em


Until Now Until Now

A Poem by Jayce Em