The One...?

The One...?

A Chapter by Jayce Em

Currently... here I am walking beside this dark ally of the street together with this guy who'd just saved me from the devilish embarrassment a while ago. We're just walking. Just--- walking. Not talking at all. Why? Hah. It's not that I don't like what he did but... I'm just let's say... a little bit of shy.

Shy? Ahaha. New word for me! And this new guy here was the reason.

I stomped on my feet when he stopped walking in front of me. I looked at him.

"Why did you stop?" I asked.

"Why? Haha." he laughed mockingly, "You're asking why did I stop? Well here, we were walking on this street because I told you I'll see you get home and you just said nothing. And silence means yes I guess? So before my eardrums would shatter into pieces with this noisy silence, will you please introduce yourself first?"

"And why would I do that?" I said walking passed him.

"Hey!" he followed. "It's because I just saved you? If you happen to forget that this man was once you're knight in shining armour. And secondly, I told you my name."

I stopped and turned to face him. "You did?" I asked.

"I did the what?" He stared at me. "Oh yeah! The name thing. Yes I did! And I wouldn't asked why you forgot about it. Want me to remind you?"

It might be embarrassing but I want him to refresh my mind. "Yes, please."

"Alright." He took a deep breath. "Here you miss tigress as what that a*****e had said, merely crying in front of everybody---"

"I did?!"

"Oh yeah. That's why I came to the rescue!" he said, creating a superman action--- with both arms on his waist. I chuckled.

"So then, I said to them that if they don't stop embarrassing you, I'll tell my dad that all of them will be banned and prohibited to enter our prestigious bar." he proudly said. "There, afraid to stop their night life, they went away. And when I turned to face you and asked if you're okay, here you are just looking at me as if I'm wearing just my skin and not a t-shirt."

I blushed. "Hey! Wha---what did you say? I'm not looking at you like that! Definitely not! Hmp."

"Then why are you acting like that? Defensive ha?"

I turned to face him but my heart began to palpitate so hard and fast before I could say anything. His face was an inch away from mine--- his pinted nose touched mine-- and his lips--- his wonderful- kissable red lips was half an inch away from mine.  "Ah-- hmp!" I snob. "No I'm not defensive. Just... just saying the truth." I moved away from him.

"Hahaha." He straightened his back. "Okay. If that's what you want. Ha-ha."

"Urgh..." I continued walking. "If you're just going to bully me and remind me of how foolish I am before, just leave me alone."

"You wish. I won't definitely do that to a girl like you." he said smiling.

Urgh! Those words! Tss. So unhealthy for my heart.

Minutes had passed, we still don't have a normal conversation. We still don't know the names of eachother. Total strangers--- that's what we are. Yet here I am... enthrusting my life to him. Safety--- that's what I mean.

Walking passed to a big tree, he again stopped walking. He looked for a sharp stone and started to carve something on the skin of the tree. I walked closer to him and looked at his work.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"This? I'm just creating a memory." he gently said.

"A memory of what?"

"A memory of what had happened now." He looked up, "Can you see those writings up there? Those were mine too. I used to play here before, you know."

The wide smile I saw in his face suddenly and slowly faded away. Like ashes blown to the air.

We stayed at that place for almost an hour. I told him about my life and he did the same.

The situation were like in the romantic movies. We laid on the green grasses under that tree and looking up in the beautiful sky while talking to eachother. Hmm... for many relationships I gone through... at this moment... it felt like it's my first time talking to a guy-- so close as this one. Tonight-- it feels like... I fell in love the second time.

For some moments, we stopped talking about things and just be contented of looking at eachother's eyes--- and suddenly just laughed.

I took a glance on my watch and it's already 3:45 in the morning. I stood up and pause when he grabbed my hands. I looked at him.

"I... I just want to thank you for accompanying me." he said with a very sweet smile on his face.

"Me, too." I just said and stood up.

Five more steps and I'm already in front of our gate.

"So?" I turned to face him. "Thanks again." I said-- smilingly.

"You're welcome-- uhmm.."

"Ellie. It's Ellie." I said.

He formed a wide smile on his face-- showing off his perfect- white teeth. "Nate. My name is Nate." He said--- grabbing again my hands.

"Nice meeting you." We accidentally said to eachother. We both became aback, blushed, and chose to look away from eachother's stare.

Still holding my hand, he pulled me towards him and hugged me so tight. I could feel his breath touching my neck as he said--- "Please meet me after school at that same tree. I want to talk to you."

I blushed and before I could say my answer to him, he kissed my cheeks and bid his goodbyes with a wave.

I just stood there for seconds--- staring his broad back while his walking away from me. Then I consciously looked away...

No. No I don't want this scene... I don't want to see him walking away from me.

I've been so lost. Lost in my own world--- and he found me. And I will do everything... just to let him stay. I found the one who have given back my hope which had been lost for a while. I found him... and I don't want him to go. I don't.

 

The next day... obviously, I went to school to attend my classes. Still, I have this so-called hangover but well.. I don't know why I'm very inspired to do anything for this day. And especially more inspired and exquisitely excited for the afternoon.

I'm honestly looking forward for our second meeting. Same place. Same tree where he carved out his memories of us that dawn. With no reason-- or not really knowing the reason.. or maybe.. just maybe.. denying my true reason.. my heart was already longing for every inch of him.

I don't really believe in 'love at first sight' but being with him within hours of that day... I became a fan of the anonymous person who created such unbelievably believable statement.

With no much of sleep, I woke up and do the same chores I'm doing and drove to school. While we wait for our second class, my classmate Jie and Rhox with the class valedictorian, Valerie, chose to perform a little bit of nice music to save us from this deadly boredom.

Rhox played Jie's guitar and the three of them in trio vocals singing 'Everything has changed by Taylor Swift. One of my favorite female artist of all. and also one of my fave heart-touching, memory provoking song.

Asking me why? Just look at the lyrics and you'll find the answers.

All I knew this morning when I woke

 Is I know something now, know something now I didn't before.

 And all I've seen since eighteen hours ago

 Is green eyes and freckles and your smile

 In the back of my mind making me feel like

 I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now

 I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now

 I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now

 I just wanna know you, know you, know you

 'Cause all I know is we said, "Hello."

 And your eyes look like coming home

 All I know is a simple name

 Everything has changed

 All I know is you held the door

 You'll be mine and I'll be yours

 All I know since yesterday is everything has changed

 And all my walls stood tall painted blue

 And I'll take them down, take them down and open up the door for you

 And all I feel in my stomach is butterflies

 The beautiful kind, making up for lost time,

 Taking flight, making me feel right

 Taking flight, making me feel right like

 I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now

 I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now

 I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now

 I just wanna know you, know you, know you

 'Cause all I know is we said, "Hello."

 And your eyes look like coming home

 All I know is a simple name

 Everything has changed

 All I know is you held the door

 And you'll be mine and I'll be yours

 All I know since yesterday is everything has changed

 Come back and tell me why

 I'm feeling like I've missed you all this time, oh, oh, oh.

 And meet me there tonight

 And let me know that it's not all in my mind.

 I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now

 I just wanna know you, know you, know you

 All I know is we said, "Hello."

 And your eyes look like coming home

 All I know is a simple name

 Everything has changed

 All I know is you held the door

 You'll be mine and I'll be yours

 All I know since yesterday is everything has changed

 All I know is we said, "Hello."

 So dust off your highest hopes

 All I know is pouring rain and everything has changed

 All I know is a new found grace

 All my days I'll know your face

 All I know since yesterday is everything has changed

Most of students of the class joined and sometimes-- when I'm not really that insanely bothered of what happened hours before I went home and bid his goodbyes, I sang along. With a very wide smile. Yes. A very wide one.

Fortunately, the class was not given any sanction for being noisy inside the room. And I guess, no one will have the guts to get angry with those angelic, soul-lifting voices of the three singing goddesses.

Minutes after.. my normal life as a student came back. Our teacher entered the room and we started our serious class. Serious eh? For me? Not really. Still I'm widely smiling on my seat. And I didn't  know why? Did I?

After several hours of seriousness and funny moments for every class that we had, at last! The time has come.

I cancelled my every day usual appointments with my friends and rushed towards THAT PLACE.

Running.....

Stopped....

Pant...

smile...

breathe...

and run again....

When I got there, I realized that I am 10 minutes earlier that the said meeting so I waited. I walked around to be refreshed and to make sure that when we meet again, everything will be okay--- and perfect as it was yesterday or hours before.

I waited. And waited... and waited till I unconsciously… feel asleep on those beautiful green grasses.

I dreamed of us as a perfect couple. Fingers being interlocked by his big hands… kissing... hugging... and taking nonsense yet it made sense with the both of us. Laughing as fools... making jokes as idiots.

I dreamed of our.... perfect date and all.

But all dreams will soon come to an end right? yet I'm not bothered by that truth anymore cos I know he's there for me. Always.

I knew for sure that I was smiling when I have my dream... but that smile unexpectedly faded when came back to reality.

I don't know what happened but... here I am now... crying.

Hot, painful tears came out from my sleepy eyes ... rolled down my reddened cheeks... and fell like a rain drop on a piece of paper that I held.

I looked up. It's late at night. Moon was covered by dark clouds.

Why am i crying?

I looked again the paper.

"Sorry, Elle. I can't be with you today....

and forever.

- Nate "

I cried and cried and cried.....

Why?



© 2015 Jayce Em


Author's Note

Jayce Em
what do you think of this story?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on May 24, 2015
Last Updated on May 24, 2015


Author

Jayce Em
Jayce Em

Bacolod City, 6, Philippines



About
Know me through my works. more..

Writing
Untold Untold

A Poem by Jayce Em


Until Now Until Now

A Poem by Jayce Em