Epilouge

Epilouge

A Chapter by Maura Ansley

Epilogue

    “Merry christmas, Cally!” I exclaimed. It was almost seven years later. Dylan and I had turned twenty a week ago. Sam and I had continued to date for the past seven years. Thom was already married. Cally was here this christmas with her fiance Matt. Dylan was planning to propose to Alyssa the next day. And Ash and Connor had two beautiful children, Crystal who was seven, and Ally who was three.  I had invited Sam for christmas this year. It was magical, the house filled with people, talking and laughing, and just enjoying each others company. Finally, it was time for Sam to give me my present. But instead of reaching under the tree, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small black box. Everyone but Dylan and I gasped. Dylan because he had already known. His grin told me that. And me? Well, I finally understood why Ash had forgotten to breathe so many years ago. Sam grinned at me, and went down on one knee. He opened the box to show me the most beautiful ring ever. It had a small stone, and an intricate pattern of twisting metal.


    “Dani Thompson. You have been my best friend for as long as I can remember. You were always there for me, and I was always there for you. And I love you more with every beat of my heart. I always have, I always will. Will you marry me?” I smiled, tears blurring my vision.

    “Well, of course, dummy. Did you think I would say no?” I asked. He grinned, and in one swift motion stood up and kissed me. Once we parted, I could see Cally slip Ash a five dollar bill. It was a reminder. Even when everything around you is changing, and brand new things are happening, and the world is moving on, some things will stay the same forever.



The End . . . Or is it?





© 2015 Maura Ansley


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your paragraphs need breaking into smaller chunks.

This was a sweet little passage though. Some punctuation but nothing bad.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 8, 2015
Last Updated on May 8, 2015


Author

Maura Ansley
Maura Ansley

About
Hi! Okay, I'm a girl, I write every second of every day, and I would like to be a published author someday. more..

Writing
Hatred Hatred

A Poem by Maura Ansley