Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Jen96

After we had put all of our lab materials away we went into the hallway to talk. We were walking to my locker when he said “Look Lace I really want to be totally honest with you.”

            “Okay.” I said kind of nervously.

            “I just don’t want everyone around school to know about this but-“ He paused to say a quick ‘Hi’ to our friends James and Jessie as they walked by us.

            “Anyway-“ He continued. “I just found out that my dad has lung cancer and most likely, at best will only live for a few more months.” He went on to tell me that he had been having a really hard time with the diagnosis because his dad was truly like his best friend. As he told me about how he and his dad were so close I could see the tears welling up in his eyes. It made me want to cry to hear and see how sad he was. It was a sad thing. I mean I really do feel for him, his dad dying and all, but something inside of me still had a slight curiosity as to why he hadn’t told me earlier in the week when he had found out.

            Soon we had to stop talking and hurry off to our last class of the day. As I sat quietly in my class taking notes I couldn’t get the sad, heartbroken look he had on his face out of my head. After we had taken all the notes for the day our teacher passed out our homework and said we had the rest of class to start it, and that we could work with partners. 

            I decided to work with my friend Carolyn. We aren’t super close friends, but we get along really well and we do occasionally share secrets and swap gossip.

            “Ugg I can’t figure out this problem” I said.

            “Is something wrong??” Carolyn asked.

            “Kind of.” I answered.

            “Do you want to talk about it?” She asked. I decided to just tell her that Spencer and I were having a ‘rough’ day since he didn’t want everyone to know about his dad.

            “Do you think you guys are going to break up?” Carolyn asked when I finished relating the story to her.

            “I don’t know. I hope not.” I replied. “So how are you and Nick getting along?” I asked trying to change the subject.

            “He’s super sweet!” she said as she began to blush. We talked for a few minutes longer than continued to do our work silently till the end of class. After class Spencer was waiting for me by my locker. When I walked up he asked if we could hang out at his house after school. I agreed and grabbed all my books before we headed out to his car. We didn’t say anything to each other the entire ride. I understood that he needed his space at the moment. When we got to his house no one else was there, so we let ourselves in. Once we were inside we got ourselves a snack, sat down at the bar, and he told me the whole story. 



© 2012 Jen96


Author's Note

Jen96
Ignore grammatical errors please. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lovely great story

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jen96

11 Years Ago

Thank you! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
1 Review
Added on November 6, 2012
Last Updated on November 6, 2012
Tags: boyfriend, troubles, relationships, drama, high school, life, love


Author

Jen96
Jen96

About
Hey there! I love to write stories and I love to read other people's stories as well! I am (almost) sixteen and writing is really just a hobby of mine. I also love to give advice on anything so feel f.. more..

Writing
High School High School

A Story by Jen96


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jen96


That Boy That Boy

A Poem by Jen96