"FEELS"

"FEELS"

A Story by Jennifer Webster
"

This story is a response to Writer's Digest's prompt on feelings; It has a very important message in the end.

"
    Joey just could not believe the news that his very best friend of almost 20 years had passed away. Yes, Joey's friend had been a most successful pitchman for the most delicious orange juice for at least 10 years; But then the company had told him that they had to cut back, and therefore, they had to let him go; They told him, "Times are tough-It's just the way of the business!"
    Then Joey's best friend was out of a job, and it became quite a struggle to look for other jobs. Then, he felt that the only way to ease his pain was the bottle, as in alcohol. He then used drugs. 
     Joey tried as hard as he ever could to get his best friend off the alcohol and drugs, but he simply refused to pay any attention to him. Thus, Joey began to wonder why such a friend would go down that very dark path of addiction...
     Then one day, Joey was at home when he got the news that no one, especially him, would ever want to hear...
      As Joey looked on at the casket of his best friend, he wondered how he could ever do such a thing as taking his own life, and how Joey himself would ever be able to live such a pain as this...
     
     Suicide is the most leading cause of death anywhere-It happened to fashion designer Kate Spade, and it even happened to celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain. 
     And do you want to know something else? It could even happen to the very next person if we do not do something such as stepping in to help. If you or someone you know is depressed and has been thinking about taking his or her own life, please offer that person help; the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is there to help those who are thinking about suicide. The number to call is 1-800-273-8255. 

© 2018 Jennifer Webster


Author's Note

Jennifer Webster
This is a very important story; Please tell me what you think of my response to this. Thank you.-JW

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yeah..This message is indeed important..Many think that only solution to end their sufferings and problems is to end their own life but I feel that it is the biggest sin to do this..Life turns more worse than we ever expected but we have to live it..Until we are alive , we can make it the way we want..And actually one person kills himself that killing himself he had put an end to all sufferings without even thinking about those whom he leaves behind , who have to die everyday , for every single moment because of what he did..And actually drug and alcohol is another big issue..Today its most common among youngsters..They feel that there pain will stop if they take drugs helped but its like telling yourself a lie..No pain is relieved in fact you go in more big trouble..I loved the message here...
Keep writing...

Posted 5 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Great writing with important message. You painted well human lost and finding hope in darkness.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 12, 2018
Last Updated on June 12, 2018
Tags: Joey, Friend, Suicide

Author

Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

Felton, DE



About
I formerly lived in Philadelphia but I now live in Felton, DE; I am a writer, author, and cartoonist, and I am currently taking time off as a food service worker for a company called Sodexo at the Do.. more..

Writing