CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2

A Chapter by Jennifer Webster

   Vape smokers are the most unlikely of the bunch, to me anyway; they think that vapor tastes so good, they should smoke it, right?! Well then, why don’t those teenage punks just stick to that mar…Oh, wait, did someone just legalize that stuff now?! YIPE!! Better hide your little kids, mommies and daddies!!
   Anyway, everywhere I go places, whether I go to the work, to the library, or even the local bar, everywhere you go you see a zit-faced teen smokin’ a vape…yep, smoke, smoke, smoke that vape, because you do now know how much longer your teenager will live, so, better let your kid smoke, smoke, smoke that vape! Oh, what a wonderful world we live in, hmm…
   But I happen to be a very lucky woman-I have not seen a single TV commercial for those vapes, at least not yet; Back in the olden days, there really were such a thing as those classic cigarette commercials, but thankfully vapes were not invented yet; Now, think about this: If those vapes were invented back in the 1950s or even the 1960s, then the grown-ups would have to find a way to clear the smoke…

   When I was young, I used to watch a game show called The Joker’s Wild; That show was kind of fun for me: Before he passed away in 1984, it was a man by the name of Jack Barry who hosted that show. Now, fast-forward to the here and now, and in 2019, there happens to be an all-new version of that show that I have once loved, and this one happens to be hosted by a man who goes by some wonky show business nickname of Snoop Doggy-Dogg, or something like that; Elsewhere, Jack Barry is twitching in his grave when heard of all this…
   This new version of The Joker’s Wild is much more different than the old version, with a makeover that would make Las Vegas jealous; Now, I really do not want to tell you the rest of what this new version is all about, but what I can tell you is this: I bet Jack Barry is somewhere regretting the fact that he does not know what a “fishzzle” is…
   You know, that happens to be the trouble with reboots: They try to recapture the magic of that something that we have ever so loved all of those years ago, only to leave us with some or all of the twitches that make us wanting to have the old stuff back! Why can’t those people stop thinking about doing a reboot of something and just leave things as they are? Or better yet: Let’s see if they could REALLY reboot Matt Lauer’s career?! Good luck trying something like that, bubs!!

   Oh, how I love the beach in summer; I even like to swim in a pool, and I wish with all of my heart that I could find a public pool so that I could go jump in swim and maybe even swim for a whole, entire summer! Back when I lived in Philadelphia, you could find a simple public pool anywhere in the city; But now that I live in Dover, Delaware, not so very much: for a person living in the country such as myself, it has become kind of difficult to find a public pool anywhere in the country, or at least in a county in a small state in Delaware…In case you do not know all of your life, there are three counties in Delaware: New Castle, Kent, and Sussex. I happen to live in the Kent County, and believe me, there happens to be NO public pool in Kent County, at least I think in this county…
   Maybe one of those days, I would be able to try again and search for a public pool, ANY public pool; But in the meantime, my other summer love is the beach: I went to two beaches on my vacation four years apart: In July of 2013, I went to Wildwood in New Jersey, and I had the most wonderfully fun time there; and yes, I did swim in a pool, a hotel pool that is! But during my time there, I also went to all of the rides as well as the midway games on the boardwalk there. I had the most marvelous of times…
   And then, four years later, I went to Rehoboth Beach, right here in the state of Delaware; I had as just a good a time at that beach resort there as my last vacation, Wildwood, and yes, in case any of you are wondering, I did swim in a hotel pool. And here is another yes: The reason I swam in those hotel pools as that, yes, I miss those public pools so very much, and I very much wish that the city of Dover, Delaware would have enough city-wide guts for them to build one   here! If not, then how can you swim in the stinkin’ mud?!



© 2019 Jennifer Webster


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on June 15, 2019
Last Updated on June 15, 2019


Author

Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

Felton, DE



About
I formerly lived in Philadelphia but I now live in Felton, DE; I am a writer, author, and cartoonist, and I am currently taking time off as a food service worker for a company called Sodexo at the Do.. more..

Writing