Halloween night!

Halloween night!

A Poem by jennifer little
"

halloween poem

"
     
                                    Spooky ooky woods, 
                                  So dark and lonely, 
                                   So many creatures, 
                                  Things that go bump in the night, 
                                 Enter if you dare, 
                                 On a spooky Halloween night, 
                                 A full moon has arisen, 
                                 Wolfs are a howling, 
                                 TIme for all the creatures of the night to come out, 
                                 "Do Not Enter the spooky ooky woods on a Halloween night", 
                                   If you surely do, 
                                    You may just disappear, 
                                     watch your back, 
                                   For you may see a creature of the night

© 2021 jennifer little


Author's Note

jennifer little
getting some insperation back to write again . im rewriting all my poems
hope you enjoy this one . been struggling with depression really bad got writers block its been two years since i have written anything im starting to get some insperation back
please dont be rude.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hello Jennifer. Good to hear that after a dry spell you are getting some inspiration back again, especially as you have also been struggling with depression. I have to confess, my muse has gone awol at the moment. Haven't written a poem for weeks. A Halloween poem has to have moonlight, wolves howling, spooky things that scare you to death. You would never get me in those woods alone or otherwise. You have all the right ingredients here for your Halloween poem. Good to read you.

Chris

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I loved the poetry dear Jennifer. The words danced perfectly. Bringing the days of Halloween alive in vision for the reader. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry my dear friend.
Coyote

Posted 1 Year Ago


Don't know why this reminded me of the TV show The Addams Family... maybe it was the first line... but good poem.

Posted 1 Year Ago


A nice piece, would be fun set to animations

Best wishes

Lathen

Posted 2 Years Ago


Not scary, but it would make a fantastic little poem for younger readers. You should try your hand at writing children's books. I'm trying to do the same, as my vocabulary is not elaborate in a second language.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Scary. It feels like a warning from someone who knows what monstrosities lurk beyond
the edge of that woodline, but doesn't want to relive that fear again. Makes me feel as if
i will regret not heeding that warning.

Posted 2 Years Ago


It is for sure those spooky ooky's will getcha, grubbln and bubblin at the thought of fresh meat.
Just kiddin
They'll eat any kind of meat

Posted 2 Years Ago


I feel that this might make a catchy song and I'm happy to see you're getting the inspiration to write again. Welcome back! Take as much time as you need to write!

Posted 2 Years Ago


I can totally relate. When my father passed away back in 2002 I stopped writing. I didn't start back till about 2019. The writer's block and depression were both bad for me. But then suddenly I woke up one morning with a ryhme playing in my head and I opened up note pad on my phone and typed it out. Eventually that small little verse grew into a bigger poem. It was like taking a tiny step into a sea of inspiration all over again. Since I dove back in I haven't looked back. I wish the same for you.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Hello Jennifer! I’m glad you’re back to writing! After about seven years, I finally came back to this site on October 2021! First off, your poem definitely gave me the vibes of Nightmare Before Christmas. There’s a gentility to it, underneath the haunting overlay. I think the poem is cute, almost like something in a children’s tale. I have one grammar suggestion and one other kind of suggestion. For the grammar one, wolf plural is wolves. For my other suggestion, you talk about creatures of the night, but you only mention wolves. Perhaps if you added more, then it would show readers what other kinds of spooky things they can bump into? Of course, it’s just a suggestion. I’m trying to learn how to give helpful feedback, and I’m not sure if I quite did it. Thanks for the read request!

Posted 2 Years Ago


Hello Jennifer. Good to hear that after a dry spell you are getting some inspiration back again, especially as you have also been struggling with depression. I have to confess, my muse has gone awol at the moment. Haven't written a poem for weeks. A Halloween poem has to have moonlight, wolves howling, spooky things that scare you to death. You would never get me in those woods alone or otherwise. You have all the right ingredients here for your Halloween poem. Good to read you.

Chris

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 30, 2021
Last Updated on December 30, 2021

Author

jennifer little
jennifer little

jackson, MI



About
hi im jen i am a single mother of one daughter . i struggle from ptsd depression and anxiety . from being in abusive realationships . i enjoy the outdoors , nature swimming fishing camping boat.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..